Disability denied....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rrsbaby, Dec 11, 2005.

1. rrsbaby

rrsbaby New Member

Got a letter from social security ... I was denied. They said that while they know I am in pain I am able to stand up for a normal 8 hour work day...yea right!

So I am seeing an attorney on Tuesday, I suppose he will tell me if an appeal is worth while.

Is there anyone from VA that was also denied by s/s? Would love to hear from you.

rrsbaby

2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I was denied 3 times.Finely had my hearing and when the judge saw me she gave me a bench appeal.

Don't give up.Your sick .

Good Luck.Keep us posted.

Sue
  3. sunshine54

sunshine54 New Member

got my letter Thursday. My attorney who lives 85 miles away is mailing me the reconsideration papers. He says ss no longer calls them appeal papers. I will fight til the end to get my disability as I am 51 years old and have bulging disks and bone spurs all up and down my spine (cervical and lumbar), osteoarthritis, degenerative disk disease, peripheal vascular disease, ibs and fibromyalgia.

I just had my 2nd cervical fusion this year. Will be having another lumbar mri 1/6/06 and I'm sure surgery will be needed as my left foot is constantly numb and my hip hurts all the time.
  4. sdown

sdown New Member

I worked in the oil and gas industry in Alberta, Canada for 10 years before I came down with CFS. The insurance company covered me for 3 months until they made there decision. After the waiting period they declined me. Three months later I decided to sue and Im glad I did. I only got 1 year's worth of wages but it was better than nothing. I also got a package which was worth 1 year's of wages. So altogether I received 2 years worth of wages. But this was 5 years ago. So the insurance company won as they only had to pay me one year. It took 1 year to resolve. I was spied on for 1 years. It was horrific. They had a van outside on my street everyday. They followed me everywhere. It was quite traumatic for me and I felt bad for my son who was 8 years old. I had to explain to my son what was going on. One spy even had a really bad wig on. I should have went up to her and commented on her beautiful hair, lol. I once approached the van and made a comment "I have some dishes to be done in the house if you are looking for something to do". Hahahaha! What a job! Can you imagine spying on others? Some people really have no morals. Good luck with your claim! Remember they will try to use any dirty trick they can against you. They brought up my medical history from when I was pregnant which had nothing to do with my illness. The pregnany was 5 years before I got sick. They will also ask neighbours to spy on you. They will ask anybody they can get their slimy hands on. My brother-in-law once phoned me one day before I was supposed to meet with the insurance lawyers to tell me about a job. He never did that before and has not since. So Ive suspected him all these years in being involved with the insurance company. Anything involving money people will betray you. So be careful who you trust.
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i was approved on the first application this go around...
    i had won a horrible battle in july 2004 for a closed case...ssdi case that is...

so this second time around i learned so much on how to fill out the forms and evertying, my attorney said it would be much easier if i had to reapply for a new ssdi case...and it was thank goodness.....read my bio and you can have a good idea of most of what is wrong with me....

but down all or your symptoms and make sure your doctors know about them and they are noted....

it is normal to be denied unfornately the first time and the second time then you go to hearing...that isn't fair but that is how most cases are handled...

hang in there and don't give up you will prevail..

jodie
  6. DFL

DFL New Member

having shoulder and neck pain in 2001,had been working for 22 yrs. Hair dresser for yast 10 yrs. went to hands,fingers, burning, leg pain,and so on .Had to quit completely (Luckily had spouse to support me) Drs. couldnt figure out what was wrong, I filed for disibility,complained to every dr. over and over got turned down twice second time was oct 04, reapplied in jan 05 when I was finally diagnosed with fibro now they say my time has ran out I've been off work to long.I hired an att. so I'm praying he can go back and prove it was fibro I complained about since 2001