Disability Examination-What a joke!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dee50, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

This morning I had a disability emination (mental). This doctor told me I have FM and to just go to a web site inspirempower dot org and buy their products because they have the cure for FM. And that we did not need to fill out the rest of the questions because it was a waste of his time and mine.

You see his wife had FM and now she is cured by using those products! Bet you all didn't know there is a cure. And he insisted they no what causes FM.

Well so what do you think about that?

I told him I've already spent thousands on products.
    Dee50
    I stand corrected he is not a doctor (as in MD) he is a PH.D[This Message was Edited on 02/03/2006]
  2. kch64

kch64 New Member

He's on the side of the disability board and doesn't want to support you.

I'm sorry. That really pisses me off too. Excuse my language.

So now what do you do?

K.
  3. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Next I ask for a copy of his report! And then it's on to my next Disability Examination (Neurology) Oh, I can hardly wait! It's the 27 of this month.

I just love the way Idaho deals with things :-(
    This guy even went to the web site and asked me to watch it for 5 min. I was in shock.

I should have told him to please tell the world he knows the cure for FM. He did say he was new to it.

I wish Ruby (my service dog) had peed on his rug! Man I'm upset. I'm going to have to teach her to pee on comand:)
  4. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

told me that selenium and manganese cure FM. if only it were that simple! to her credit, she did readily admit that the exam was mostly to make sure that i was a real person and not a scam, so who knows how heavily these exams actually figure into a determination??

eddie
  5. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Thanks for the post. I think this doc is an alien, from another planet.
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Dee50:
    Mental exam with a physical magic cure. I would file a complaint.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  7. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Who do I report him to?
    Thanks
  8. justlooking

justlooking New Member

but I was under the impression that the SSA Doctors weren't allowed to offer opinions, treatment options or advice to the the patients they are seeing for SSDI exams.

I thought they were only to do an exam to report to the SSA whether based on their physical or psychological exam they found your claim, diagnosis, symtpoms, etc credible. As much as I hated the Dr who examined me for my SSDI exam, she told me she couldn't give me any type of direction for future treatment options, not that I would have wanted her suggestions anyway, the lunatic!

If you have an attorney contact them and ask them what you should do, if you don't then maybe calling the SSA representative on your case might be a good idea, just to complain that the Dr didn't allow you to have a full exam and refused to let you fill out the paperwork.

Sincerely
    jl
  9. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Dncnfngrs-I'm guessing he sells the stuff too but he should have finished my report I think he needs a doctor cause he can't hear.

Camelia-sorry my post upset you I'm just venting and I will report him as soon as I find out how. I'm so sorry about your husband. I realy don't like doctors.

Everywhere I go folks want to sell me product. I'm so sick of it. Everyone got the cure for FM. I didn't bother to tell this doctor that I was labeled CF-EBV because I couldn't get a word in after about 2 min. of talking to him he decieded I have FM and that was that:-(

Thanks to all
    Dee50
    [This Message was Edited on 02/03/2006]
  10. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

I'll be interested to see if in fact he is the mastermind behind the cure..

I'm sure the govt would love to know that the drs they pay are soliciting patients for their own profit..

Unbelievable...

GO STEELERS!!!
    z
  11. crdmkr2004

crdmkr2004 New Member

If you are in the states check with the AMA (American Medical Association)or here in Canada we have a directory called "the college of physicians and surgeons" that you can file a complaint with.
    Good Luck with everything, he sounds like a jerk.
    Sandy
  12. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Does he have shares?

Love Anne
  13. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

there is nothing there apart from some Christian and money making sites. Is this man a real doctor? You need to report him. He isn't a Scientologist is he? Like Tom Cruise?
    Love Anne
  14. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Thank I'll call the AMA today the site is real It's a dot org

I guess this doctor just needs to supplement his income. He told me all about how doctors have opened up to him lately and told him that they can not tell people about this product because they would loss they're license to practice medicine. I wish I had him on tape :)[This Message was Edited on 02/03/2006]
  15. justlooking

justlooking New Member

went to the site he told you and it specifically says in the Fibromyalgia presentation video, that there is no cure! The Dr you saw should probably do a little investigation into the site he is promoting before offering advice on a cure... ! It also says very few people ever recover from FM and that their therapy is only to help manage the symptoms and make life more manageable.

Go to the site and click on the Fibro presentation portal and listen to the narrorator.

JL
  16. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Thank you for all the information about the product he is talking about. This guy is a PH.D not a MD.

And thank you to all that posted-I let this clown upset me and I shouldn't have.
  17. JLH

JLH New Member

I would call Social Security and report him and (1) his lack of examination and professionalism and (2) trying to promote the sale of supplements as a cure.

If they knew how he was performing his "so called" exams, they would not want to be paying him!
  18. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I did call my worker but I'm going to put it in writing and send it to her. Thanks
    Dee50
  19. zerped

zerped New Member

I'm your neighbor from the state to your left (Oregon). I'm sure the two states have similar entities in their state governements. Report this doofus to SSA/SSDI. Whatever they're paying him, he's ripping them off. They could have hired a parrot that did what he did, at the cost of a saltine.

If this guy didn't find his PhD in a box of Cracker Jacks, he's probably required to be certified by a state board of some kind. They can (and should) yank his license/certificate. The outfit that makes the snake oil he and his wife are pedlling should be made aware of the situation. If they condone this kind of b.s., they could be liable for federal mail fraud charges. This is an election year for the House and Senate. Any and every congressman and senator from Idaho would love to be the white knight to ride up and attack this obvious government waste.

Last and not least, DEFINITELY send out a short letter to any local tv news dept. that likes to boost ratings with sensationalistic "consumer fraud" stories. Send something to NW Public Radio in Moscow/Pullman. WSU has one of the best journalism schools in the country. Any student who'd like to make a sale of a "real story" to the "real world" media would love to get behind this.

20. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Thanks for your post. I did write to SSI about him. You have given lots of good ideas in your post:) I'll think about it. My energy level is very low and pain level is high so I'm not doing anything for a while.
    Take care,thanks for the support and your understanding.
    Dee50