Disability for FMS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by desibumps, Jan 10, 2003.

1. desibumps

desibumps New Member

I am thinking about appliing for permanant disability. Can anyone give me helpful pointers?
  2. Hasbeen

Hasbeen New Member

Yey like they said go to SS DISABILITY post by KIMBER39.
    I've got 10 good rules there for you myself. Hope it goes well.
  3. ozy

ozy New Member

hi,
    i can tell you to apply for disability living allowance.i get full high rate mobility and lower rate care for my illness.My name is shelly and i have had this disease for many years.However it took till four years ago to get a diagnosis,and then a further two and half yers to get me registered disabled with it.I also have arthritis in my spine ,so you can imagine how relieved i was to be officially accepted.Further advice i can offer you is to go to the cab ,tell them what you want to do and they will be very helpful.through them and their support i got where i am today.it will be hard to prove hpw bad things are for you,but when did anyone understand this awful illness unless they have it themselves.Anyway if youd like to reply i would be willing to email you on a regular bases if you would like that.
    take care
    shelly whitbread
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Desi, welcome to the board. Just noticed that you are new here.

Can't help with the disability, but others will be sharing with you.

Just stopped to welcome you.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. desibumps

desibumps New Member

Thanks Shirl for the note, yes I am new here, but am facinated by the information I have found on the site. I had considered buying Coral Calcium and found out through the site that it is a good supplement to take.
    Have a great day
    Des
  6. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

Read some of my old posts ~ I've been here b4, during and after I was approved for SSD!
    Love, Blondieangel