Disability in Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nitedreamer, Oct 15, 2008.

1. nitedreamer

nitedreamer New Member

I have been trying to be patient with the red tape of disability. It just seems to get crazier and crazier. I was diagnosed with fm March, 2007. I ended up quitting my job over the exertion on my body. I waited the six months to apply for disability, which was ok. I was denied in Feb-March 2008, and retained an attorney then. Well here it is October and I still have not had my court hearing. I've been told the state is backlogged almost a year in cases. Is this insane? I have worked since I was 12, now I live on welfare. I feel so humiliated. Please someone tell me this is normal.
  2. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

Yes, it is normal and the wait is more like 14 or more months.

When was your letter put in for an alj hearing? it will 14 months or MORE after that date.

it is just the way it is and you have to wait.....

I was turned down at the ALj hearing.(2007) first applied in 2005 alj hearing was 2007...applied again(2007) got denied now waiting fro another ALJ hearing...

Where in PA?

3. nitedreamer

nitedreamer New Member

I applied for disability in October 2007, denied and appealed in February 2008. My attorney has informed me that the wait is over a year due to backlog in court.

I live in Southern Somerset County.