Disability Letter - they don't know thier a** from thier elbow

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jeanderek, Mar 13, 2003.

1. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

Finally got my letter today from disablitiy ( already knew that I was turned down because I called Monday) This is what they had to say

Disability is alleged because of Fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, high blood pressure and depression

Although you do have gout, arthritis, and body pain. the evidence shows that you are able to stand, move about and use your arms and legs in a satisfactory manner

The evidence shows that your blood pressure, though higher than normal at times, has not seriously damaged your heart, kidney or other vital organs

Although you experience depression, your records show that you are able to communicate with others, act in your own interest and perform most ordinary activities.

We have determined that your condition is not severe enough to keep you from working. We considered the medical and other information, your age, education, training, and work experience in determining how your condition affects your ability to work.

I already have an appointment with a lawyer in a couple of weeks.
    Does this sound simular to the letters that you all have gotten? Would love to hear back from you all

Thanks
    Hugs,
    Jeanna
  2. teach6

teach6 New Member

My letter also said that although I may not be able to continue to work in my profession, I could still work. I'm still looking for a place that would let me arrive around 1 PM and leave by 3, or let me nap around three for two hours in a very quiet environment on a comfortable bed. HA!

I just got an unpdate on my retirement case and the attorney I have hired for it has done a wonderful job. I don't see how they can turn me down this time. Of course I'll have to pay him, but it's worth it. I couldn't have done this on my own.

Barbara
  3. LindaW

LindaW New Member

Please don't give up-that is what the system wants you to do. It is so upsetting when you read all the posts in which their claims have been denied. Glad you are getting an atorney. I really do think that is important. Hang in there!
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I wonder whether SS would hire us? I'll bet they wouldn't want someone who has trouble with memory and attention span, has to go lie down often because of pain, can't sit very long, can't stand very long, can't tolerate certain types of lighting or noise, and has to take medication which causes dizzyness and sleepiness.

Love, Mikie
  5. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

This is what my denial letter said:
    You said you are disabled because of Fibromyalgia, Depression, Memory problems, & Panic attacks.
    (Why did they leave out all the other things I put down, such as, IBS, Osteoarthritis, etc?)

Although you may have some (!!!) discomfort & inconvenience (!!!) due to these conditions they do not prevent you from all work available in the national economy
    (are there jobs that you can be sick more than 5 days a year? how about more than 5 days a month???).

You can do daily activities
    (no- I specifically said my sons do the cleaning, I don't cook or do laundry-what does that leave-peeing?),
    act in your own interest (must be the peeing!), care for personal needs
    (peeing, again?),
    & communicate w/others (ok- I can talk, but really?!).

You can do work that is not as mentally stressful as prior types of work you have performed
    (my job was NOT stressful-my illness is stressful-duh!). Medical evidence does not reveal any other disabling conditions(so are they saying I'm disabled-just not disabled enough?).

I am just flabbergasted at this! I have noticed that they did not contact my current psychiatrist & I will be sure she is included in the next round. I almost committed suicide last yr but was able to avoid hospitalization-guess I'll go next time! This has me really depressed. I know I should call a lawyer & get on the ball, but I just haven't done it yet. Keep us posted on how your fight goes & I will continue to post about mine.
    Take care!
    Pixie
  6. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

Everytime I see something in the mail from ss my hand shakes ,to say the least, takes me a few minutes to even open. These are standard replies. They just want you to go away. Talk about hitting below the belt when you get them. I have said this before just send someone in and spend a couple of days of observation, it would save everyone alot of time and money. If they had any feelings a person would cry to see how we stuggle everyday.........Hang in there and take what ever energy you have and fight do not let them get to you, you are just a ss no. to them...Bless you and <<<Hugssss>>>
  7. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

Thanks for all of your support and replies. I am going to fight this till I win. They just don't know that this has made me more determined than ever. They didn't even check on all the other things that I listed like

Chronic headaches
    my low immune system (this year I have had pnuemonia and mononucleosis)
    The memory impartment and poor judgement
    TMJ
    lack of sleep
    the degenerative disk disease
    the IBS
    the chronic fatique

not to mention all the side effects from meds like
    dizziness
    shortness of breath
    nasuea
    light headedness

I am also sensitive to sunlight and chemicals
    They said they that took my education into consideration, I have a GED now how in the world
    also my former job was cashier and also did CNA work which involed me giving baths and lifting patients now how can i do that i can barely lift myself outta bed

I have pain everyday all day long, i am so exhausted when I wake up its like i have not even been to bed that is when i get sleep, i am so confused most days i cant remember names or faces sometimes, i don't drive anymore cause i am so dizzy that i am scared to
    I also have anxiety when i go out
    sometimes i feel like i am going to pass out just from rising from a seated positon, you all know
    but anyhow I am going to fight till i win because i know that i deserve it. I worked from age 15 up until alittle over a year ago. I took care of my grandmother when she had ALS and my dad who was blind and had a pituritary(sp) tumor and worked to pay the bills, I am just so frustrated right now. Today I had pain management appointment and went to the pharmacy to get meds, well my insureance only approved for me to have a 14 day supply and now i am going to have to appeal again just because its a different dosage even though its the same med. Don't get me wrong I thank God everyday for the things I do have. But we all have these days I guess. Thanks all for your support and you all will be in my prayers

hugs,
    Jeanna
  8. lin21

lin21 New Member

Jeanna,

I understand what you are going through firsthand because I just got my denial letter from my LTD. I have been in a terrible flare all week because of this and I am waiting for a call from my Doctor as I write this.
    The stress from this has worsened my condition and I am very depressed at this point. One symptom that I have managed to dodge from this DD up until now. So now the damn LTD has made my condition worse and whether they like it or not they will be paying me very soon, if it's the last damn thing I do!!!

To hell with SSD and these insurance companies!!!

Lin