disability living allowance

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by thejellyswillreturn, Oct 15, 2002.

1. thejellyswillreturn

thejellyswillreturn New Member

has ne1 had ne luck getting disability living allowance???
    i was assessed & the doctor assessing me wudn't take in2 account the fact that sum days i can go out but others i can b bed bound 4 weeks!!
    i was refused even tho, i haven't been 2 skool 4 2 years & sum days can't even walk & most days can't prepare a meal!!
    it makes life hard I'm 17 & hav had cfs 4 7 years & fibro 4 2 years
    if ne1s had ne luck i'd b greatful 4 replys
    steph xxx
  2. thejellyswillreturn

thejellyswillreturn New Member

has ne1 had ne luck getting disability living allowance???
    i was assessed & the doctor assessing me wudn't take in2 account the fact that sum days i can go out but others i can b bed bound 4 weeks!!
    i was refused even tho, i haven't been 2 skool 4 2 years & sum days can't even walk & most days can't prepare a meal!!
    it makes life hard I'm 17 & hav had cfs 4 7 years & fibro 4 2 years
    if ne1s had ne luck i'd b greatful 4 replys
    steph xxx
  3. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

hiring a disability atty did the job for me. They make their living convincing the govt that you deserve the $! They can't soak you because the law limits their take. I highly recommend it. Best wishes, Al
  4. Rich

Rich New Member

I will confirm the message about a lawyer. Even they usually expect to get turned down the first go-round, that is how tough the gov't is on this. My wife is now getting disability and we got a lawyer and I cannot recommend enough that you do this. It would be almost impossible to get it on your own. You might say you cannot afford a lawyer but the way this works is if you do finally get a favorable decision, and there is a retroactive lump sum settlement, then the gov't sends the lawyer 25% of that lump sum. You do not have to have any money for a lawyer until the lump sum is decided on, but even then the gov't pays the lawyer out of your lump sum. You will then receive monthly checks but there is no more lawyer fee after the retroactive lump sum settlement.

Rich
    [This Message was Edited on 10/15/2002]
  5. fp3657@aol.com

fp3657@aol.com New Member

well i can read your typing (abbreviations) only becuz of my daughter on this thing.... i sugest an attrny/ and a new doctor that will suport u in your case