Disability paperwork at Fibro and Fatigue Center

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ljf, May 9, 2010.

1. ljf

ljf New Member

Hi all:
    I was a patient at one of the Fibro and Fatigue centers. Last month, I received paperwork from my disability insurance company that needed to be filled out by my physician - only three questions relating to diagnosis codes, treatment, etc. Not a lengthy form. I had not seen my doctor there ("Dr. D.") for about 5 months - this was because the Fibro and Fatigue center had changed their payment policy - instead of paying for an office visit, they offered what was called a wellness package - you had to sign up for a year of visits and supplements (whether you wanted those supplements or not) and the least expensive plan was $2300. I was hesitant to sign up. So when I got the disability paperwork, I needed to get it filled out and made an appointment and was planning to sign up for a year. I travelled 2 hours to see Dr. D. (when I got there I was told she was leaving and that this was her last week) and when I told her I needed a short form filled out, it created an out-of-proportion response. Dr. D. said they don't fill out paperwork for their patients and she walked out of the office, and in walked the office manager and her supervisor who reiterated that they don't fill out paperwork. I told them I found that highly unusual, since my previous doctor and his office were very helpful in this respect. Then, in walked another doctor, Dr. C., who was taking over Dr. D's patients, and he said he would fill out the form for me. I was told it would be sent in the mail since it was due the next week. I made an appointment with him to take place two weeks later. Then, last week, I got a call from the Fibro Center saying that Dr. C. will not mail the form, and will only give it to me if and when I see him face-to-face for an appointment and sign up for a year and spend $2300! I found this conduct unprofessional and would like to hear comments of people on the site. Thanks.
  2. aftermath

aftermath New Member

LJF,

There have been dozens of posts over the past few years here with regard to FFC.

The common themes seem to be:

1) Insanely expensive treatment; and
    2) No real symptom reduction.

Moreover, one poster even reported getting into serious health distress due to misconduct on the part of one of their physicians.

I would avoid them and seek care elsewhere.
  3. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

ljf- wow what a mess.

aftermath- ditto.

i did see ffc years ago and the one helpful thing they did was extensive testing (bloodwork) that revealed various abnormalities. but their supps are overpriced, and their new pricing strategy is insane.

bigmama2
  4. nyer566

nyer566 New Member

WHEN I WAS AT MY LAST DR VISIT HE HAD ABOUT A 6 PAGE PACKET FROM MY ATTORNEY FOR SSD, HE FILLED IT OUT, NO PROBLEM,I SEE HIM EVERY MONTH. I GO TO COURT ON THE 19TH OF MAY.
  5. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Could you ask for a record release?? If he already filed it out then it should be part of your medical records.

Deb