Disability Parking Permit?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shalimac, Oct 16, 2005.

1. shalimac

shalimac New Member

Has anyone with fibro ever been approved for a disability parking permit?
  2. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I have been getting one for six months at a time. I hope that I will be able to get a permanent one. Hopefully your doctor will help you.
  3. katbird7

katbird7 New Member

Would love to have one just for those really bad days, but may have to be out for doc appt. or something. Or you've traveled too far and you just can't get those legs moving from all the stiffness and aching and back, shoulders, and neck killing you. But I don't know where to start to get it. I'm sure my doc would sign it. Do you go to DMV? Thanks, Kat
  4. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

I got one from my doctor who had a form she just filled in and I posted to the State Government - in Australia. I pay about $5 every five years for the registration and the sticker. I had no trouble obtaining it - but I do have trouble using it!!! I have been abused on several occasions, probably because I do not look sick or old enough. So I use it only when I really have to. But when I need to use it, it is a godsend.
  5. orachel

orachel New Member

My doc just wrote me a scrip for one for 6 mos....that was 3 weeks ago and I haven't been up to taking it to dmv yet! LOL
  6. Muddieanne

Muddieanne New Member

My dr.suggested it to me yrs. ago when I was still working. As I recall he doesn't have to state a reason other than you have a medical problem.

I had a choice of a placard to hang on rearvw. window or a handicapped license plate. I decided on the plates. In NJ we have front plate as well as rear plate,by law.

Marie
  7. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

the doctor issued me one when i found i had rheumatism in my feet and could not walk far at a time...he wrote that it was pernmant...what a life saver it was...easy to get if dr. will approve
    shirley
  8. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

Yes, my doctor filled out the form and I got it no questions asked.
  9. justlikemom

justlikemom New Member

I asked my doc about it a couple of times and each time she told me no, I don't need one. I guess she feels that since I can no longer drive myself, there's no need for a tag.

Which means, whenever my husband and I go anywhere, he has to drop me off and pick me up by the door. I don't go many places anymore, but I wish I could at least make it to and from the car without having to wait for my "chauffer" to pick me up.

We have only one handicapped parking spot at our church, and I have been told by the pastors that they expect us to park there. So, at least I get to use one parking space without a hassle.
  10. Grandma6

Grandma6 New Member

My doctor is the one that suggested it to me because I had started not going anywhere. My husband picked up the form at one of the substation where you get tags and I filled out my part and my doctor signed it and we went up and got it. There good for 4 or 5 years and then they send me a renewal and I do it all by mail now.

When my Mom got where she couldn't walk far without resting my husband picked up one for her and went by her doctors office and got her one too.

I laugh at my son at Christmas time because he took me shopping one year to get my husband's present and he said he'd take me anytime because he liked the close parking. LOL

It has been a great help even though I don't drive any more we have one in the Jeep which is what we mostly drive and then I have one in the house so no matter who takes me any where, I have it with me.

Grandma6

[ advertisement ]