Disability Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by helpme_doc, Oct 11, 2005.

1. helpme_doc

helpme_doc New Member

Does anyone know about how long it will take to hear from SSD after filing an appeal?
  2. dverre

dverre New Member

my lawyer told me it could take from 2 weeks to two months he really didnt have a definite answer it has been almost 2 months for a=me and I still haven't heard

When did you file the appeal?

Donna
  3. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

Boy this is a subject that is soooooooooooo familiar and leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Hang on for about 3 years of a fight. I am assuming that this is your 1st time to send in a claim. They turn down everyone the 1st time. I am also assuming that you already have a lawyer. So it will take the max.of time that will ever be given from them to get back with you probably 90 days.Make sure that you document everthing and keep organized files with all correspondence. One good thing is that all monies that will be owed to you will be retro back to date you were able to apply. GOOD LUCK!!!!
    You are talking about Social Seecurity Disability not State Disability right?[This Message was Edited on 10/11/2005]
  4. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

What stage are you at?? Are you appealing for Reconsideration which is the first appeal in most states. OR you awaiting a hearing date to go before a ALJ..second appeal.

I won/was approved at the reconsideration stage(without a lawyer) which is the first appeal. After turning in my appeal for reconsideration it took a little over a month to hear I had been approved...it was about 35 to 40 days wait. Then the next month I recevied my first disability check...

then about 60 days from hearing I was approved, I recieved my backpay.

Anyone having to go before a ALJ, I would recommend having a lawyer, if I would have been denied on my first appeal, I then would have gotten a lawyer before going to a hearing.

Everyones case is a little different and the time limit may vary some depending on many things. But the whole process for me took 6 months( thank God) to be approved..I was denied my intial claim, then won on my first appeal.

Just dont give up....Always keep fighting!!

LOOK for the post I have..."For those of us Applying & Fighting for Disability"...really good into through out the whole post that helped in wining my case...just need to scan through and look at each topic heading...I will try to bump it back to first page...

Good Luck..
    Hugs
    Bluerose
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

seriously twin but her hair is a little bit lighter. and you are thinner than she is now, well she had a baby 6 months ago. but she is working on it.

are you in the reconsideration status? or at the hearing level? it could take anywhere from 1-5 months. there are so many vaiables that can take place. did you contact your congressman's off? they can do a congressional inquiry.

call you local office and they may have a good idea on how long each phase takes in your area. every state is different.

just appeal and contact your congressman's office.

good luck

jodie