Disability, where do I start

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by musette, Feb 18, 2003.

1. musette

musette New Member

I know you all have written a million times about disability and I have really have read all that, but with the way my brain is working lately, I can't keep things straight. I was given a prescription for a voice recognizing software program to use at work as my hands and arms are shot, and the chronic pain/FM they say I can't work anymore. Also, if the State didn't allow this, I would have to go on long term disability. It looks like the later is what is going to happen. Explain to me how somebody makes it until the checks come in from disability, etc. Are there any other programs that people apply to in the interim? How do you pay bills without income? I am scared to death, because after that hurdle I will have Federal SSD. UGH! Any answers or is it more a "do what you can" issue.

Musette
  2. musette

musette New Member

Thanks for the information, I am really fogged up lately and seems that I can't hardly remember my name. Then I get hit with this decision. Actually, for the last two days since I gave the notice to my employer, he has done nothing, we haven't talked about it or anything. Like it didn't happen.

I have printed off the responses and will keep them (in my new binder). I work for a government office so I do some of this stuff in my sleep practically. I would definitely appreciate any updates you can provide. I have been browsing and reading, but can't seem to remember from one day to the next and find myself going back and re-reading. Hopefully this too shall pass. Thanks for your help, it is really appreciated. I am scared to death of losing my home, insurance, and not being able to pay my bills. You work your whole life to be on time and get good credit and then you get sick. Bless you.

Musette
  3. musette

musette New Member

I do have two children, one is 25 and the other 17 and they live with me full time. I can and will ask them, but I think after all the years they have had to "deal" with me that I always feel like they don't want to hear it. I have a mother who has severe rheumatoid arthritis and all my life she couldn't do anything like clean etc. As a child no one explained it to me and growing up I felt like she was using us as slave labor for the most part. I guess I never wanted my kids to feel like that too. I just didn't want my kids to see me in that light I suppose. They will help me if I ask, and I will. Why I need somebody to tell me to ask them is just ridiculous. Either I am fogged badly or I have issues I just figured out while typing this. Well, that just made me laugh for the first time in months. Thanks.

Musette