Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jaime13, Sep 12, 2006.

  1. jaime13

    jaime13 New Member

    I don't qualify for SSDI, but I know that there are other programs, besides Ssdi,like SSI and even one where they can take money from your husband's social security. There has to be other government programs. Can anyone help me out? I live in Virginia and haven't been able to work for the last 4 years due to fibromyalgia, CFS, asmatha, and clinical depression. We have been living on my husband's salary but that isn't working anymore.Does anyone know of any programs.
  2. 69mach1

    69mach1 New Member

    for ssdi/ssi...the longer you wait the longer it takes...

    meaning now depending on how many credits you have you may only qualify for ssi...and if you have too many assets then you won't qualfy...

    that is why some married people get a divorce or legally separate and basically live together so they can still get their benefits..

  3. jaime13

    jaime13 New Member

    I haven't worked in 4 years, I tried to go back but i couldn't. My husband naturally makes much more than I do, as I haven't worked. Our medical bills are unbelievable with DRS. not accepting insurance, medicatations being over the roof etc. I was also in the hospital 3 times in the last 3 years-that adds up.

[ advertisement ]