Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wordwarrior, Jul 25, 2008.

1. wordwarrior

wordwarrior New Member

I have some questions that I need answers to. I see a lot of talk about disability on this forum. What is the process? I know I'll be needing some sort of disability in the future so:

What is the difference between full time disability, and working part time and getting disability?

How much do you get for full time, working part time?

Do you get medicare ins if you get disability?

Does claiming disability help or hurt your chances in finding a part time job?

Do you need an attorney/advocate? Do they charge? How do you find them?

Anything else you can add.

Please respond.

2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

There is a great website call "disabilty secrets". If you do a websearch using those words you will find it.

They have a ton of information.
  3. Iam1ShadyLady

Iam1ShadyLady New Member

I suggest Allsup. They fill out all the forms for you, deal with SSA and all you have to do is answer their questions over the phone and sign the forms when they send them to you and mail them back. They have a 97% approval rate and they stay with you from beginning to end, including if you have to go before a judge.

I don't know about you, but when I looked at the forms I got stressed and more sick so I hired them. Alot of the forms are repitious too and worded different to mess you up, they know about these tricks. You can find them online by doing a google search.

Good Luck!!!

4. wordwarrior

wordwarrior New Member

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. Just got back from the farm - no internet there. I'll be reading and replying to these during the week.

5. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

GREAT ANSWER; caledonia. A job well done.

6. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

that was an awesome response. May I suggest that you change the title to "Caledonia - the basics of disability"
    so that others can find it easily in the future.