Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chris350, Apr 29, 2010.

1. chris350

chris350 New Member

Anyone dealing with Disability?

I have interstitial cystitis and Fibromyalgia, anxiety, IBS, restless leg syndrome, and severe Migraines. I have been turned down twice. I have an atty and I just got a letter from the diability admin just stating that due to the huge increase in disability claims, video conferecing will be used. If my atty had a problem with it or thought it would hurt my case, then we needed to contact them. It has been 20 mths since I filed. If I don't get my disability in 6 more months, I am going to have to talk to my attorney about trying to do something part-time. I don't know if I can do it. But before I go under I guess I have to try one more time. I can't understand how the government thinks one person can go over 1 year without a job.

Any suggestions?
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I agree with the above poster, contact your congressperson or senator's "constituent services" office and have them follow your claim to make sure it doesn't get lost in the system. Explain when you filed, etc., and give all details of your claim.

Keep calling your attorney. Call him at least every month for a status update. I know the atty's get only 25% of your claim, so the longer they let it go on, the more they make -- I don't know if this is true, but that's the way I look at it. I think they just let it keep going.

Since you have been turned down twice, and it's been 20 months since you filed again, it's really important that keep pursuing this.

Good luck.