disability????

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by annhasfibro, Feb 10, 2010.

1. annhasfibro

annhasfibro New Member

hello my name is Ann and i live in georgia,i have had fibromyalgia for 12 years.i have benn turned down for disability twice already because i dont (LOOK SICK) SAYS MY DOCTOR!! at this point all i need is a letter from my pain doctor to get disability,problem is she does'nt like to disable people she says only because they seem to give up once they have it,yet she know's how sick i'am she has given me epadural after epadural,and 4 hip joint shot's and she has me on 110mg of morphine a day. but yet she will not write me a letter for disability just because of her beliefs and how she feels.and i told her if i was going to give up i would have done so years ago,because on top of the fibro i'm depressed and on med's for that too,as well i have 6 tumors in my lower back that can not be removed,and i have a disk's in my neck that are screwed up this is just the tip of the ice berge.some people say u need to find another doctor,well how do you know who will help you and you have to start all over again with the new one,but if i could find a doctor that i knew would help me i would change doctors,but i have no clue where to begin to find a doctor who will help me like i said..i'm at my wits end here and need help badly,i cant get a job i have no family to support me and no friends anymore they all say the hell with you once you cant live life like you did before,so i'm all alone in this yet i do have a great boyfriend and a beautiful 21 year old son..still its not the same as having good friends you can count on when u need them ya know...if there is anyone out there who can help me please let me know..i have a facebook account plzz look me up there as well look for (ann horton) in marietta georgia my picture is a fibro sticker in purple if this helps plzz add me if u have facebook too..i need all the help i can get on how to get the disability i so badly NEED..and as well i'am here if anyone needs a friend someone to talk to that knows what u are going thru or just needs answers maybe i can help someone understand this horrible disorder that keeps us in the worst pain of our life...thanks for taking the time to read this and plzz any advice you can offer me is welcome too..~GENTLE HUG'S~ TO ALL MY FIBRO FIGHTER'S..AS ALONE AS U MAY FEEL JUST KNOW YOU ARE NOT ALONE BY ANY MEANS....THANKS AGAIN...~Ann HORTON~
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Go on the FIBROMYALGIA BOARD here and in bold they have a thread about Social Security Disability. Please read everything on it.

Truthfully, unless your doctors tell Social Security that you are totally disabled and unable to do any job, then your doctors are not helping you and you will probably continue to be denied. I'm sorry for what you're going through and it is probably time to change to doctors that will support you 100 percent in your seeking disability. Prayers and hugs.
  3. hensue

hensue New Member

I was just awarded at the reconsideration stage. Fibromyalgia was my fight!
    It can be done in Georgia.
    hensue
  4. annhasfibro

annhasfibro New Member

WELL FIRST CONGRATULATIONS ON THE DISABILITY.AND I APPRECIATE ALL THE HELPFUL INFO,REALLY BECAUSE AT THIS POINT I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO ANY MORE,BUT I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THERE CRAP..MY DOCTORS THAT IS...I ALSO WENT THRU ALLSUP AND LOST FOR FIBRO AND TUMORS IN BACK AND THEY TURNED ME DOWN,WHAT ALL INFO DID YOU HAVE IN UR RECORDS THAT HELPED LIKE ANY SURGERYS ,WHAT DID U SEE A RUMATOLAGIST????IF I MAY ASK I'VE BEEN GOING TO ALL SORTS OF DOCTORS SINCE I WAS 30 YEARS OLD..I DONT MEAN TO SOUND NOSY AT ALL I WAS JUST WONDERING..BECAUSE WHEN ALLSUP FILED FOR ME AFTER I WAS TURNED DOWN ALLSUP SAID SOCIAL SECURITY SAID THE ONLY WAY THAT THEY WOULD EVEN APPEAL IT WAS ONLY IF I HAD A LETTER FROM MY DOCTOR THIS WAS THE FIRST OF JANUARY LAST YEAR,SO I WAITED A MONTH AND WORRIED AND WAS SO UNHAPPY I HAD BEEN TURNED DOWN FOR THE SECOND TIME.BUT WHEN I SAW MY PAIN DOCTOR BACK IN DECEMBER 2009 ALMOST 3 MONTHS AGO ABOUT THE DISABILITY IS WHEN SHE SAID SHE DOESNT LIKE TO GIVE DISABILITY BECAUSE SHE FEELS PEOPLE GIVE UP,AND SHE DOESNT WANT ME TO GIVE UP,AND SHE WONT HEAR ME WHEN I SAY I'M NOT EVER GIVING UP...I DONT GET THAT I'M SORRY!!BUT I SEE HER IN MARCH AND THE HIP JOINT SHOTS ARE WARING OFF SO SHE HAS GOT TO DO SOMETHING OR I'M GONNA HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR...SHOULD I GET A DOCTOR IN THE SAME PRACTICE/OFFICE OR SHOULD I GO ELSE WHERE ALL TOGEATHER CAUSE THERE ARE MANY DOCTORS WHERE I GO?? IAM ALSO GOING TO CALL A GOOD LAYER IN MARIETTA A GOOD FRIEND REFERRED HIM TO ME AND HE ONLY DOES DISABILITY SO WISH ME LUCK BUT IF U HAVE ANY ANSWER FOR ME PLEASE FEEL FREE, AND THANKS A BILLION FOR BEING SO VERY KIND TO ME AND HELPING ME YOUR THE ONLY PERSON THAT RESPONDED SO THANK YOU!! AND PLZZ KEEP IN TOUCH, I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING WELL..I WILL SEND UP SOME "BLESSINGS AND PRAYERS" FOR YOU STAY STRONG AND STAY WELL..~GENTLE HUG'S~ BECAUSE SOMTIMES A SIMPLE HUG CAN HURT...:) UR FRIEND...~Ann~
  5. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

As I told you before, THE FIBROMYALGIA BOARD will be the best board for you. They have a full long thread on Social Security Disability information and those are the people to direct your questions on getting SSD for fibro. This is just a general health board.

Also, you have to get your doctors lined up BEFORE you apply for Social Security Disability. All your doctors must sign the Social Security RFC Statement that you are permanently disabled and UNABLE TO DO ANY JOB (NOT JUST THE JOB YOU USED TO DO). If your doctors won't agree to this, then Social Security will deny you each time. You have to put in hard effort lining up your doctors, medical records and test results prior to starting your SSD case because SSD does not prove your case for you and you have to have strong Fibro doctors behind you every step of the way.

Now go to the FIBROMYALGIA BOARD and find out if they know any doctors in your area that are good fibro doctors--that's your first step. Then see them and appeal. Good luck and hugs.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/22/2010]
  6. hensue

hensue New Member

i went to one and they run the right blood test and seem to know what is going on.
  7. onna

onna New Member

just get a doctor to write a note stating you cant work due to your constellation of symptoms you have! this it what it toke for me to win that and a good attorney good luck!