Discussion in 'Financial, Disability and Legal Resources' started by gflores383, Dec 12, 2012.

  1. gflores383

    gflores383 New Member

    We are applying for ss disability for our daughter age 27 with severe MCS. We live in the NW FL area and wanted to know if there are any recommended attorneys and doctors that will assist with this.
  2. TwoCatDoctors

    TwoCatDoctors New Member

    I know that attorneys frequently mention NOSSCR and you can read below about them. The attorneys who join represent not only in the SSA system but also if the case goes outside SSA and into the Federal Court System (that's good to know because not all SSA attorneys represent in Federal Court).

    Another that has been used by people here is Allsup and here is a site to read about them.
  3. john1836

    john1836 Member

    I represent people that have been denied disability. If your daughter was denied and you are waiting for a hearing, disabilityrepresentation.net I will not charge as much on back benefits as a lawyer and may be able to hurry the case along...
  4. john1836

    john1836 Member

    Note, I am in the northwest florida area closed to Pensacola.
  5. Sharkie1974

    Sharkie1974 Member

    Why would you want to hire an attorney. You will have to pay him part of your daughters disability for over a year. I filled out my own paperwork from the state and got my back pay check 6 months later and have been getting disability and SSI for 20+ years, When you are really disabled and have it documented they cant turn you down.
  6. john1836

    john1836 Member

    Unless it is cut and dried, a representative that knows his stuff should be retained. The judges do not give the weight to a non-represented person. However, initial applications do not need this representation at the state level.
  7. john1836

    john1836 Member

    Severe MCS should not be denied by the State.