Disabled but Doctors don't

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosed2, Sep 20, 2005.

  1. rosed2

    rosed2 New Member

    agree, what do you do? I have worked for 35 years but since bulging disc came up in March I can't get better. I don't have any energy and the pain is not letting up.

    I have been to 4 different docs now and they all say that I will get well enough to work but none of them will say when.

    My private disabilty has denied my claim do I file for SSD without a doctor to back me up?

    Help need your advice.

  2. Bailey-smom

    Bailey-smom New Member

    You may not qualify for any benefits from Social Security. The only way is if your doctors say you are expected to be disabled for a period of at least 12 months.

    Have you spoken to an attorney or anyone about helping you with your personal disability insurance claim? What reasons did they give you for denying your claim?

  3. rosed2

    rosed2 New Member

    to alot of lawyers but can't find one to take on a private insurance company. They all say if its not SSD they won't take it on even allsup. Don't know what to do or where to go for help.

  4. rosed2

    rosed2 New Member

  5. Mareeok

    Mareeok New Member

    ...difficult. I had to forget about getting disability because my reumy refused to help me because I refused do try certain treatments and did not want to go on stronger drugs. And I wasn't hurt at work so can't get workers'comp.
    I've had chronic pain since the 1970's with a couple of remissions thrown in there. There are not a lot of physicians here who know about RSD/CRPS (my main problem). I did find the only 'good' pain doctor/patient advocate who I thought would help my situation. I have managed to run along the edges as far a not taking heavy drugs and no invasive treatments. Everyone on my RSD/CRPS support group have gotten worse or had it spread after getting on certain drugs and treatments. I will not deliberatly take the chance of making my RSD worse because of something I tried.
    Since I've had it so long I've researched a listened a lot. The pain is incredable but I'm not in a wheelchair and I have complete use of my limbs. When the Reumy said he wouldn't help me my kids said to just quit and they would help me since I took care of them all these yrs. So I quit when it became too painful to work anymore. I had to give up a lot financially but I am glad I did it because working was debilitating me. I had to give up my car and my independance to a certain degree but I don't really need a car because my kids take places and I can drive their cars if I want. Financially I have tovdeclare bankruptcy because I don't bring in a pay check anymore. I have applied to "Partners for Px Drugs " to help with my meds. The key for me, was to sit down with God and rearrange my priorities. That wasn't easy. I remained working a whole year while I contemplated my future. RSD/CRPS/FM/RLS are part of my life forever and I can't wish them away. I have to live with it so have to rearrange my life. It sure makes for a stronger backbone. I say a prayer for everyone who is backed up against the wall not knowing which road to take. It sure gives you a better peace of mind once the decision is made of what to do.
  6. rosed2

    rosed2 New Member

    for your reply
  7. suzetal

    suzetal New Member

    I am sorry you are having trouble.

    Has your doctors diagnosed you with anything at all?

    If so file an appeal with the private insurance co.I did this and won my case for 2 yrs.If you had a diagnoses and can do research on it you can present that until you find a doctor that will support you.There is a law I cant remember the name of it but they have to let you appeal you get 180 days they can not stop it till you send them a letter and you can extend it for another 45 days.

    I am now filing a civil suit against them I was supposed to be covered till 2013 and there only giving me 2 yrs .My attorney says I'm a win.

    For SS you do need a doctor to state that you have been unable to work for at least 1 full yr and are expected to not be able to work.

    I won my SS case on Monday but they are going to do a revue in 2 yrs does not bother me cause .I hope they do find a cure and I would love to not be tired all the time and have no pain.I want to work again.

    I'm here if you need me
  8. rosed2

    rosed2 New Member

    diagnosed with FM and arthur, bulging dics. I am being treated for all of the above. The docs all think I can go back to work but I have been down and out since April and I don't feel any better.

    I am tried of doctors and insurance companies already, its very depressing as all of you know.

  9. Bailey-smom

    Bailey-smom New Member

    what reasons for the denial given by the private insurance company? You are able to file an appeal - just like someone above stated (I'm sorry, I forgot who!) Have someone help you file an appeal - maybe someone from the doctors office will assist you or someone from your employers HR dept. or a relative. Have your doctor write a letter in your favor - it can't hurt!

  10. rosed2

    rosed2 New Member

    appealed and am now waiting my second 45 days for them to decide. They told me at first that I could only be kept out of work by my primary doc for 30 days and then I needed to see a specialist.

    Of course they didn't tell me this until I had already been out of work for 2 months. At that time I had gotton myself an appointment with a Rhemy so that he could order the MRI and X-rays that my primary doc wouldn't do.

    I have been to PT, pain management and now I am going to a bone-cracker as my daughter likes to call them. I don't feel any better today than I did back in April.

  11. rosed2

    rosed2 New Member

    bumping for more ideas
  12. suzetal

    suzetal New Member

    You are the only one that can stop the appeal .When you send them a letter that all you new evidence is in .

    Don't let them bully you .PLEASE .I have been there I know how they work.

    You also have a legal right to all the files they have request it in writing today. Send it certified.They need to send it all to you including the phone conversations they had you you or your Doctors.

    If they do not do this and keep bullying you call the Insurance commissioner in your State .They really can help you with all of it.

    If you need me I'm here
    Ps hope I helped you.
  13. Bambi

    Bambi New Member

    with Social Security Disability, also
    some Chiros who deal with accident/injury cases. Some of them have lists of doctors they can refer
    you to..if they will.
  14. rosed2

    rosed2 New Member

    to all for all the help


[ advertisement ]