Disablity: would I qualify?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by babyblues68, Apr 15, 2003.

1. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

I don't know the first thing about getting SSD. I'm 35 and have been a stay at home mom for a little over 5 years. Would I qualify for it with not working for so long? I did work before ever since I was 15 til 29. My intention were to go back to work after my kids got in school. Mean while this DD has taken over my life. I don't see myself holding down a job. If I even daydream about it my husband brings me back to earth. Heck I can't even fix dinner more than half the time from the fatigue. Ok...reality hubby fixs dinner 97% of the time now. We just moved closer to my husbands work so he could come home quickly if I needed him since we have 2 little one (4 & 5). Thank God his boss is so understanding about our situation.

I going thru a time when I'm feeling so robbed of my life. I wanted kids for so long. Doctors said I would have them. Got a new husband and bang 2 back to back. I feel so bad I can't be 100% for them and my husband. Oh, I'm sorry. Now I'm rambling. Guess it's a feel sorry for myself day.

Thank God for this board. I learning so much from all of y'all.

Thanks,
    Tammy

Tammy
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You have to have worked so many quarters in the last 10 years, I believe, but I just can't remember the requirement. The website should have that info.

Love, Mikie
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

My husband and I went to a FM conference in Cincinnati a few weeks ago mainly to get disability info. I hope I don't have to quit work, but want to get educated now. You can't give out websites here, but if you give me your e-mail address, I would be happy to give you the websites of the two attorneys who spoke at the conference. They were excellent. There is a lot of good info on both of these sites. It seems to me that they look into the past ten years, but I would have to check my notes again to be sure. But it is certainly worth looking into. I wouldn't wait too long.

Ellen Comstock
  4. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

Yes, I would love any info I can get.

Also thank you to the others that have responded!

Tammy
    eastwinchristian@hotmail.com