DISCOID LUPUS............

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HOUSEOFBLUES, Dec 9, 2002.

1. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

Just curious if anyone here has ever had it and what is going on with them now.
    I had it on my face back in '99. Used some prescribed cortizone cream and it eventually went away after having it for almost a year. (I still have faint scarring where it used to be).
    Also, at one point my ANA tests were postitive, now they are negative. This all came about just before I was diagnosed with Fibro. Both my doctors insist that I do not have Lupus.
    Has anyone else had this experience?
    Just doing a little bit of detective work......

Thanks,
    HOB
  2. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

Just curious if anyone here has ever had it and what is going on with them now.
    I had it on my face back in '99. Used some prescribed cortizone cream and it eventually went away after having it for almost a year. (I still have faint scarring where it used to be).
    Also, at one point my ANA tests were postitive, now they are negative. This all came about just before I was diagnosed with Fibro. Both my doctors insist that I do not have Lupus.
    Has anyone else had this experience?
    Just doing a little bit of detective work......

Thanks,
    HOB
  3. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

what I was told..I am currently in the process of trying to find out if I have Lupus..My Rheumy (who is suppossed to be the best in my area) said that a Lupus Panel (lab work) does not mean anything and will not show if you have it or not..I have heard from different drs. along with different people that Lupus is hard to diagnose..I have my next rhuemy appt. in about 4 weeks and if I don't get more answers or atleast know that he is trying to get to the bottom of things, he will be history!!
    I do have FM, DDD, Osteoarthritis, to mention a few..
    This whole thing is so frustrating..
    Take Care........Best Wishes.........Donna
  4. spiritlady

spiritlady New Member

HI HOB.YES I HAVE LUPUS TOO WITH THE FIBRO.IT CAME AFTER I GOT FIBRO.BUT I THINK I HAD BOTH OF THEM WAY BEFORE I WAS DXED. SPIRITLADY
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

When I first became really sick, they thought I probably
    had Lupus. It would never come out in the test though.
    I used to always have that butterfly red rash across my
    face. I don`t have the rash anymore but still wander if
    I have that along with the fm. That`s always been my gut
    feeling.