discontinuing life support

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by 30feeling80, May 6, 2004.

1. 30feeling80

30feeling80 New Member

Calling all prayer warriors;

My aunt Alberta is in a coma after a long battle with cancer, continued strokes, and a heart attack. Her family has decided to discontinue life support according to her living will.

Please pray for a beautiful and easy transition, strength for her family, and what ever God can provide for her lonely husband left behind.

Thanks, all.
    God bless you.
    Darlene
  2. LPN_11

LPN_11 New Member

I will pray for your family in your time of need, your post takes me back about 4 years when we were faced with the same decision your family is facing.

My Father has done quite well, yes he still misses Mother and he always will. But I can tell you that when we took away the lifesupport a look of peace was on Mother's face. You could tell she was no longer fighting and Jesus was with her.

I pray that the transition from this physical world to the perfect world is as peaceful and easy as my Mother's was and that she may find the same peace we all will eventually find AMEN

LPN 11
  3. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

How heart breaking
    I'm so sorry, I am praying for you
    Love Lisa
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`ll be praying for your Aunt and your whole family. Its a heartbreaking situation. Asking Jesus to give her a peaceful passing, a welcome her into heaven with the angels singing.

Love,
    Sandy
  5. 30feeling80

30feeling80 New Member

Thank you for your prayers. I realize many of these prayers come from people who can relate. I am sorry for anyone who ever has to face decisions like those.

My aunt passed peacefully this morning. Fortunately, God had mercy on her and her family and made the transition as peaceful as possible. The funeral service is Friday May 14th. Please pray for continued strength of her husband, my Uncle Joe.

Thank you all for thinking of us. God bless you.
    Darlene