Discouragement, and the Word of the Lord

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by morningsonshine, Nov 15, 2006.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Hello, i don't know about anyone else, but i've really struggled the past two months. And would like to share these scripture with you.

Psalm 3:3
    You, oh Lord, are a shield for me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.

I really like those words, "the lifter of my head", at times, looking up at Jesus on that cross, is the only thing that keeps me going, remembering what He did for me, and how much He loves me and you.

Psalm 30:11-12
    You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever.

Amen! I love the feeling of his joy in my life, sometimes inside i feel like joyful dancing, but my body isn't on the same wave lengh, so i just smile and thank, and praise him for that joy. Part of the reason i love it so much, is that it's not always there, and when it comes it's like pouring sunshine, into all the dark places!

Ahhh yes, John 10:10

The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy! But Jesus came that I may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance!

Lord, I pray for all us here that we would have that abundant life in you!! You have restored us to righteousness in your Son, Christ Jesus, Thank you Lord, i ask that you restore us, redeem us, to health in Jesus.

We Know that you have a good plan for each of our lives, and in health or illness, you can bring glory to your name in our lives, when we surrender to you and give you the throne of our hearts.

In Jesus's name i pray, for your presense and joy in each of our lives.
    Amen

John 16:33
    In Christ I have peace and confidence. In the world I have tribulation, trials, and distress, and frustration; but I can be of good cheer. For Christ has overcome the world!!

Lets not forget that even tho we still have trials and battles here, that Christ has already won the War and the end of the story is already known to us!!!

Praise the Lord!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/23/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/24/2006]
  2. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I like the Ps. that says He is the lifter of my head too. There is nothing like immersing yourself in the Word when you are going through trials. In fact it is sometimes the ONLY thing that can keep us from drowning. Thanks for the good reminders.

Love,
    Nancy
  3. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

It is comforting to know that no matter what trials come my way, Jesus is there by my side so I don't have to walk it alone.
  4. webintrig

webintrig New Member

Those scriptures truly spoke to me and made me smile and also the one about the dancing ...I too only can smile, giggle and say "Thank you Lord for this joy in my heart!"

Thank you for taking the time out to share this with us!

I sure do feel we are alot alike in so many ways!

You truly are my sister in more ways than one in Christ!

All my love and continue with having that joy!

You are on my thanksgiving list...your not the turkey we are going to eat either...lol

I will be out of pocket for a week...

So I am very thankful for everyone here and all the blessing the Lord the has given me and continue to do so! You will be in my prayers over the holiday!

In Christ's love,
    webby
  5. caffey

caffey New Member

For the reminder. When we go through tough times sometimes we lose our focus and think it will be like this forever. Thanks for the reminder that all this is temporary and what is waiting for us we cannot begin to understand. Blessings on you.
    Cath
  6. morningsonshine

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!

Ps. 95

O come, let us sing for joy to the
    Lord;
    Let us shout joyfully to the
    rock of our salvation.
    Let us come before His presence
    With THANKSGIVING;

Let us shout joyfully to Him
    with psalms.
    For the Lord is a great God.
    And a great King above all
    gods.
    In whose hand are the depths
    of the earth;
    The peaks of the mountains
    are His also.
    The sea is His for it was He
    who made it; (And us, are friends, families,and loved ones)

And His hands formed the dry
    land. (and all our beautiful pets that live with us)

Come, let us worship and
    bow down;
    Let us kneel before the Lord
    our Maker.
    For He is our God!
    And we are the people of His pasture, and
    the sheep of His hand. (I love that song)

Today, if you would hear His
    voice,
    Do not harden your hearts.

Give thanks unto the Lord!

I will praise the name of God with a song
    and will magnify Him with thanksgiving. Ps. 69:30

May the Lord bless you and keep you today!

Lets remember to spend abit of time today just thanking the Lord!
    If you can't think of anything good, remember, He sent His Son, Jesus, to take away the sins of the World!

Yours and mine!

Happy Thanksgiving!

[This Message was Edited on 11/23/2006]
  7. morningsonshine