DISCS IN SPINE FROM NECK TO LWR.BACK DISCINERATING..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Betty50victor, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Betty50victor

Betty50victor New Member

LAST YEAR I HAD AN MRI AND THEY FOUND 2 HERNAITED DISCS IN NECK. ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO THEY FOUND 1 AND OPERATED AND FUSED THAT ONE. IN THE MRI THEY ALSO DISCOVERED ALL THE DISCS ARE DISCENERAING (SP:). WELL, IF FIBRO IS CAUSED BY TRAUMA TO BODY MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, IT'S CAUSED FROM ALL THAT. JUST A WILD GUESS. ANYONE ELSE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH DISCS?
    BETTY IN VALENCIA
  2. Betty50victor

Betty50victor New Member

LAST YEAR I HAD AN MRI AND THEY FOUND 2 HERNAITED DISCS IN NECK. ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO THEY FOUND 1 AND OPERATED AND FUSED THAT ONE. IN THE MRI THEY ALSO DISCOVERED ALL THE DISCS ARE DISCENERAING (SP:). WELL, IF FIBRO IS CAUSED BY TRAUMA TO BODY MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, IT'S CAUSED FROM ALL THAT. JUST A WILD GUESS. ANYONE ELSE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH DISCS?
    BETTY IN VALENCIA
  3. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Everybody has degenerative disc disease and it starts showing up in some cases when we are in our twenties. This is just our bodies way of aging. I have what they call "advanced" degenerative disc disease, meaning mine is falling apart a little faster than it should. I really doubt this would cause FM.

Marilyn :)
  4. Betty50victor

Betty50victor New Member

Thanks for the info. I just figured it didn't happen til much later in life.
    Thanks again & hope you're doing ok.
    Betty
  5. pamelasng

pamelasng New Member

Hi Betty, just thought I would tell you I only had FM after an injury to my neck and two fusions, both my daughters were born with it but during both pregnancys I was in constant pain and dealing with a lot of stress from my employer (The Commonwealth Government).So I have a feeling it was the result of chronic pain and lots of stress,(verbal abuse almost daily over the phone). I had an MRI last week and my spine is narrowing but I have no idea what this means,GP just said you have a cruddy spine. Somedays I just want to cry but I need to keep going for the girls and my fantastic husband who cops a lot from three very irritable Fibromyalgics. This group of people that are so supportive is the best thing to happen since I cant remember. I wish you the very best, bye Pam
  6. cpalance

cpalance New Member

I was told last week that my discs are beyond repair (no fusion for me)there is nothing left to fuse. I was also told that this problem has caused my fibromyalgia. I asked the doctor "what next"? He told me that the BEST I could hope for is that the arthritis in my neck "may" fuse itself and then they will have to do something to stablize my spine. Whatever all that means. Anyway, I guess I could become paralized at any time. Needless to say I am scared to death.
    I wish all of you luck and pray your conditions don't progress to be as bad as mine.

Cindy P
  7. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

I also have DDD. Had MRI on 8/16.

Results: At L5-S1 the disc space is narroed and there is a diffuse annular disc bulging with osseous end-plate spurring.

My first dx was Osteoarthritis in the mid 80's. Dx in 90 with FMS and a year later had an MRI. PCP referred me to an orthopedic surgeon who told me I needed 2 surgeries.
    1st - Breast Reduction Surgery 2nd Back Surgery.

It took me about 8 years to finally have the BR Surgery. Dang wish I hadnt hesitanted so long because My upper part of my spine is so much better.

My lower back has been "The Devil" for at least two months now along with severe leg cramps and hot flashes. These past 3 weeks.

I've seen my doctor at least once if not twice a week.I've given blood 3 times, exrays and more exrays, MRI, and Monday having a Doppler at the hospital.

Gentleness
  8. Betty50victor

Betty50victor New Member

I thank you all for answering my post and the info about you.
    This site doesn't ease the pain BUT hearing from and about everyone on here is definately!!!!!!!!!!! making this DD a little bit easier to deal with. At least I know I'm not the only one out here.
    Thanks from the bottom of my Heart.
    Hope you all have a good Week. Betty
  9. fifty1ford

fifty1ford New Member

Betty,

I've been shrinking since 1970 when I was 5' 6" and am now down to 5' 4". Gravity and getting older is definitely a challenge, especially when you aren't that tall to begin with! I know that I have at least one degenerative disc between C2 and C3, and there are probably more, but what's ya' gonna do?

peace,

ford j.
  10. cpalance

cpalance New Member

Did the insurance pay for your breast reduction? I keep telling my husband my neck wouldn't hurt so much if I didn't have such heavy breasts. Can't stand to wear a bra, that makes my neck hurt all that much more.

CindyP
  11. PMangels

PMangels New Member

Yes, I have have had two cervical disc surgeries and I have progressive degenerative disc disease from the cervical to the lumbar. I have several disc with bulges but not ruptured yet. My PCP said my body was older than me and that I am not going to get any better...just what I wanted to hear...ugh. You can read my profile. I'm not sure if trauma causes FM but I've had enough surgery/emotional trauma that it could have caused a malfunction in my body to cause it. I don't know if anyone knows the answer to that yet but it leaves one to wonder.

Arlene
  12. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

Yes CindyP

My insurance paid all but $50.00 to the surgeon and $50.00 to the hospital.

The Surgeon bill was $6,900 I never saw the hospital bill.

I now wear the tube bra or a camisole when not working. BTW, they are Perky Too! LOL!

Gentleness
  13. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

back problems which we have not looked at by MRI. I am wondering to what came first the chicken or the egg?

i do nt have an answer for you wish I did-if somewlse has a web site or any info helpful I would be interested in hearing about it also

I feel your pain Betty

cathy

[ advertisement ]