Dishearten by Neuro Visit Hugs Plz.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by spacee, Aug 22, 2008.

1. spacee

spacee Member

First of all he said, "I have heard of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" before. Code for: "I refuse to treat a CFS patient".

Second he said, "We COULD do an MRI". Code for: Well, if this crazy lady wants to help pay for my MRI machine, I will certainly let her.

The good news is. I went home...saw through his crap and cancelled the MRI. Then I decided to follow a Dr. Cheney recommendation of a sliver of Klonopin during the day and it really helped. Thank you Mikie for always talking about that!

I went to see this doc who was recommended by a psychologist who deals with brain injuries. My sensitivity to light and sound has worsened. I was having a problem with what I thought was depression but what I now think is the "emotional liability" CFS patients can have. There is a big difference.

Thank you to anyone who reads and responds.

2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Don't you just love to hate those drs? I just finished one of my longest posts ever....after seeing my Primary Dr today. I just don't think they'll ever understand how we feel until they have FM/CFS themselves.

I have Ativan, I wonder if it's supposed to help as much as Klonopin. I just took .5 mg cuz I'm feeling so stressed.

3. spacee

spacee Member

Thanks for posting. It means alot. I have tried a nibble of xanax for this but it didn't help as well as the klonopin. I know that ativan and xanax are not the same thing but I "think" they are more similar than ativan and klonopin.

4. spacee

spacee Member

I would use my want to send him on his way. What was I thinking..what respectable Neuro would want to live in our county...nothing to do and all day to do it!