Disibility, Hooray

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DFL, Apr 13, 2006.

1. DFL

DFL New Member

I know most of you don't know me cause I don't write much because my hands hurt so bad.I am always on here reading though.Well I have wonderful news and I wanted to share it with all you guys that feel like giving up, just like I have so many times. I finally got a call from my att. office saying that the judge approved my disibility without me having to go in front of him. I first applied in 2003, got turned downed twice, got an att. turned down again. and have been waiting on a date to go in front of the judge, but I got the call and was so excited I cried.I don't know how long it will take to get my checks started and my back pay. So all of you hang in there and it will happen for the rest of you, after all we deserve it with all the pain we go through. Donna
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

I could cry along with you as I imagine the relief you are feeling.

So happy for you and you deserve it. You have gone through a lot to get this and I know how this illness is.

Blessings and Good Luck.we need to hear positives here!
    THANKS..........Susan
  3. gerrijohnson315

gerrijohnson315 New Member

Congratulations to you! I have a question for you though. I am new to using the message board, etc. I applied for disability and was denied twice. Now I have an attorney and three doctors stating I cannot work. Have you not been working at all since 2003? I was forcing myself to work PT because I am a single mom of two boys and needed to support them. I have been totally unable to work for the last three months. Any recommendations? I am going crazy getting used to not working. I have always been the financial "backbone" to our family. Now I am actually engaged to a wonderful responsible man (who I think is totally crazy to want to marry me with as sick as I am), but I am struggling with "not" participating in financial part.
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Donna:

Congratulations! It should not take long for the backpayment and first check. It did not for me.

Enjoy a new life!

nyrofan
  5. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

So happy your battle is finally over...

Would you mind sharing what illness/es you have and what you won your disability on?

I have had 2 denials and am awaiting my hearing...My profile is long if you would like to read it, it includes all of my ailments...

I hope my attorney calls and tells me I don't have to go in front of a judge...Hopefully soon...The wait is dreadful...

Again, congratulations, this part is over...~Alicia
  6. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

This is the kind of news I love to hear!!! It gives hope to those of us still trying. Thankyou for sharing the good news!!

Suzette
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so happy for you.

Love, Mikie
  8. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Congrat's!

I went before a judge last month, so I am waiting to hear, I am hoping and praying I get it.

I am happy for you.:)

Best wishes,

Claudia
  9. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Most of the time I can only do one line or 2.It's OK.Linda
  10. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Congratulations! What a relief. I just got mine back in January. I found out on my online bank account. They had directly deposited a check (with backpay) in my account and I didn't even know that they had accepted my appeal!
    Kholmes
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you need to go to the local office and apply and sign more paperwork to get thier funds started...you can set up whatever way yoou see fit as a mother...

so do that asap..they wil not neccsarrily tell you that...

$$$ could be there anytime up to 4-6 months...if you are in really hard times...contact your congressman's office to expedite payment to you..

get direct deposit it is the best...

if you need money now for rent or something..the local office can approve 999.00 check on the spot...they did it for me...they just subtracted it out of the lump sum payment at the payument center...

be persistent.. and some people get lucky and it just comes to them..others like myself haef to keep fighting and do leg
    jodie
  12. DFL

DFL New Member

For all of you that asked, I have fibro,I had a paralyzed colon and just had a inside pouch put in me in July, I have osteoarthritis in knees, back and neck, carpal tunnel in both hands, restless leg symdrome, I had shoulder surgery in 2001 for a spur on my collar bone, that was when I quit working, I had been a hairdresser here at home for 10 yrs. ,it started out in my hands,burning in arms, pain in legs, depression, I started complaining in 1999 and they acted like I was crazy,Seen all kind of drs 2 neurosurgeons, MRI's. Luckily I had a great husband that knew how much I was starting to suffer and loose clients from canseling appts on them. I first filed in 2003 after my husband kept telling me I deserved it, was turned down 2 times got an att. turned down again, then said I had been off to long and lost to many quarters,I told my att. to fight with all my medical records that showed I had complained for all these yrs. that's why I couldn't work, so he went to the judge when my files and presented how long I had complained and with every symptom of fibromyalgia, so the judge said he would go back to May 2004, that would give me enough quarters. I did'nt really have a dr. fighting for me, just saying what all my problems was.So I think I would of never got it without an att. , he will get 25% of my 2 yr backpay, but I'll just be glad that I get medicaid . So all of you keep fighting and get an att. ,it takes the stress off of you. Good Luck to everyone, Donna
  13. DFL

DFL New Member

Alicia, I read your profile, it is bad as mine, I had the TMJ thing too, chronic bowel problems for 12 yrs. Blood transfusions every symptom of fibro. And I seem to be getting weaker every day, falling with my legs, get huge knots in arms and legs,just sat down and fall asleep, somedays have to use a walker the first couple hours, use a cart to go shopping alot of times, somedays can't drive.And it just goes on and on.
  14. DFL

DFL New Member

To everyone that wrote back!!! Donna
  15. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Donna,

I am new here ans was just checking out all the posts, an awesome task !! I just wanted to say congradulations. That is such a wonderul thing to hear, even if I do not personally know you. Having FM, etc itself is bad enought but when you cannot work ad have children dependant on you that is also something else. I think you said you had children. I read so many answers to your post not sure if I got confused. That is very easy for me to do for sure.

I have not yet been dxed but have had terrible symptoms for over 20 years and now am going to a rheumy in May after the endo didn't really help with it. She did address my osteo and my thyroid problems but it did not help all my pain that much!

Blessings to you, esp on this holiday weekend.

Marilyn (that granni)