Dissapointed with CFIDS Chronicle

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stschn, Mar 2, 2009.

1. stschn

stschn New Member

I just recieved my copy of the Science and Research Issue '09. One of the biggest things to hit our community-in my view- was the release of the study done by the Pacific Fatigue Lab in Stockton California. I understand that it is possible that the study was published to late to make this issue but it could have been help up. If you could get your Doctor to read it he or she might finally be able to understand why we can not, should not and certainly should not be told to exercise. If you have not read it yourself check out the web site for Phoenix Rising. I was also dissapointed that nothing was said about the University of Nevada and the work they are doing with Doctor Peterson and the new Whittmore Peterson Institute.
  2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi stschn,

I got my copy recently, too. I always remind myself that being on this message board gives me access to the latest breaking CFS news, and that the Chronicle lags behind, out of necessity. I think they are somewhat conservative in what they report, and of course it takes a while to produce a magazine.

I understand your frustration. I mean, Dr. Shoemaker's work has been around for years and it's revolutionary, and it hasn't made the Chronicle yet.