Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by arw621, Sep 17, 2008.

1. arw621

arw621 New Member

I was diagnosed last March as a Type 2.
    My doctor explained it the same way...I went to diabetic classes (teaches you about meal planning) and have since lost 40 lbs - Yeah! I was on metphormin too. I stopped taking it about 2 weeks ago on my own because I'm in range as long as I eat sensibly. I don't know how my Doc is going to feel about me doing that, but, I can't see taking the meds if I don't really need them.

Anyway, I think the exercise was key for me...I finally started doing exercise at least 5 days a week...I allow myself to take any two days off within a seven day period because there are just some days you can't fit it in or don't feel like doing it. I walk on a bowflex treadclimber or do the Jillian Michaels aerobics with weights for at least a half an hour every day. I also play tennis - on those days, it serves as my exercise and a needed break from the boring tread climber.

If I could suggest anything to you it would be the diabetic classes...they really help dispell a lot of the myths about what you can and can't eat...it's all about portions.

Good luck with your journey...