divorce settlement time

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by hotfoot, Oct 20, 2004.

1. hotfoot

hotfoot New Member

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a while on my divorce,on-going.This week my husband talks to his lawyer about dividing assets(his saving what he can I'm sure)33 yr. marriage stayed at home to raise kids, help him with his bussiness, didn't get enough years of SS counted.I need to bring estimates of living expenses but don't know where I'll live.Everyone says I'll be better off without him at 16 he was love of my life so this is a major adjustment.In a divorce it all ends up about money.I'd like prayer for wisdom ,healing to know how to go on with my life alone.My CFS DR. thinks I should go to REhablitation Services because in Michigan Disablity is becoming hard to win.Millions of opions and differnt answers.I need to hear from God! divorce is not my choice but is definatly his.I would ask for your prayers,this has been harder then being sick.Much love and thanks for your support,This is a lonley,hard trial to bear.--hotfoot
  2. billiegail

billiegail New Member

that you are going through a divorce. I'll keep you in my prayers. God bless you and I wish you the very best.
  3. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Hello and good morning Hotfoot,

I will be praying for you during you difficult time with this divorce.

Dear Lord, I'm praying to you today and asking you to be by Hotfoots side during her struggles, may you bring her some comfort, peace, and the strength to endure. Give her the guidance she needs and let her feel your presence in her life. Continue to bless her on a daily basis.

I praying all of this in the name of Jesus, Amen.

Danny
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Sending prayers as you go through this difficult time. Really take good care of yourself and get lots of rest as you go through this. Let us know how it goes.

Sandy
  5. cinnabarsib

cinnabarsib New Member

Hi sweet one~~I have been down and haven`t been on board to post (H has had the puter for himself). I am praying you receive peace and strength and all trials will be over soon!( Mine may be just beginning~ maybe talk later?)You are always such a ray of sunshine for me~~Hope for lottsa happiness shining thru in your life!!!!!~~ ~~~~~~with love and hope!, Sib
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

Yes, this is a lonely trial for you - and after 33 yrs of marriage. It is so sad that it all boils down to money, isn't it? I know how hard it was for me when I was healthy. How much harder it would be when you are sick.

You will be on my prayer list every day.
    Blessings.
    Pepper
  7. kibble

kibble New Member

I am going through a divorce too.This is a second marriage which will be 9 years Nov 6th. My husband has Alzheimers and two of his children and their families moved from the east coast to where I am on the west coast and moved in our house and took over.. He let them because of his condition and they turned him against me. This happened in December 2003 and his condition is much worse now. The courts appointed one of the daughters his guardian because of some things that happened there since I moved out last December..I had no choice but to leave.I had no control of what they are doing with him or my house. They wont move and I cant move back. I paid for half of the house so I had to file for a divorce to get my share. I wont be able to buy a house with my half now because houses have gone up so much in price now..I sold a home I had paid for when I remarried.
    You have my deepest support and understanding, it is a terrible thing to have happen in our lives.My first marriage lasted 32 years and was ended by my husbands death. How has your attorney been, mine is just awful, makes it so much harder to go through. Months of getting nothing done, except pay the attorney. Are you living alone now? I will be praying for you. It is worse than sickness as that we can understand. Kibble