Divorced, Young, Wanting to start getting a life....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by risinforce, Jan 4, 2006.

1. risinforce

risinforce New Member

All I do is work and go home. I never do anything fun. I don't have any friends really anymore (girlfriends). It's really been on my mind this last week, alot.

I think especially w/the whole thing w/my ex-husband too. I just have realized that all I do is work and go home. On the days I have my son we will go and do some things but they are kid things. Movies, park, etc. I need to start doing big people things. Getting out there, having fun but I don't even know where to start and who to go with.

Like I said I don't have any girlfriends really and the few I do have are married w/kids. I don't even really know where to start.

It's not like I want to hit bars or clubs to just meet guys. I don't drink and that's not a place to meet men anyway, plus they would all be way younger (i'm 35). I just want to start having fun. My life is mundane. Not alot of laughter in it unless I'm at work.

On the days I don't have my son, I am very lonely. This is not healthy. I need to find something to occupy my time so that I don't become depressed.

Any ideas? I already checked into the church and all the bible studies are on the days I have Cody:( I can't think of much else that is all that healthy. I don't work w/a bunch of women, just one and she's 22 and I have nothing in common w/her. She's married w/kids anyway and way too young to hang out with.

My sister is shacked up w/her new boyfriend and in "puppy love stage" so I don't even hear from her right now. That's it. All my old friends have written me off due to FMS.

I'd take any ideas. I want to start getting out and enjoying life. 2005 was an adjusting year w/divorce and everything. 2006 needs to be a good year for me. I need to start living outside the walls of my apartment.

Hugs to all,
    Shawn
  2. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

How about a group thing like bowling or something? I like to sew and someday when I feel better I would like to join a group of ladies that sews together once a week. Like quilts and make things together for kids that are sick and in hospitals.
    Dee50