Dizziness Symptoms?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kathyw, Jul 24, 2008.

1. kathyw

kathyw New Member

Has anyone gotten such painful aches in the head, neck, shoulders and face that they get dizzy? Is there something to alleviate this? Thanks.
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

If you are dizzy you should have your doctor check you out. It could be coming from your inner ear or high blood pressure.

Dizziness does not normally come from tense muscles.

3. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Kathy are you on any medications that could cause dizzyness?

I take Elavil and Tramadol and they both have dizzyness as a side effect and I know they have both made me dizzy at different times.

Even so I would also recommend speaking to your doctor about this.

Keep us posted.
    gentle hugs, Susan
  4. kathyw

kathyw New Member

I had an MRI and everything was normal. I am not on any meds except for xanax.
  5. kathyw

kathyw New Member

Oh...besides the MRI I had a complete physical about a month ago. I have been to an ENT and I do have sinusitis (had surgery for this about 10 years ago). Ears were fine.
  6. pasara

pasara New Member

I would strongly recommend you get some bodywork done. You will be surprised at how much this will help you.

See a good massage therapist weekly, or at least every 2 weeks for a while.

Also, an osteopath will really help. Osteopathy works on balancing the tension in the ligaments, tendons and muscles, which affects the skeletal system, the flow of cerebral spinal fluid, and releases other impediments to natural healthy functioning of the body.

Acupuncture too can really help by helping release the tension that is "stuck" in the muscles.

All these therapies have REALLY helped me! I get horrible tension and spasms especially in the trapezius muscles. You can feel the affects of this very clearly as tightness and pain in the shoulders, neck, and throat, numbness in the face, and pressure, pulling or pain in the top and back of the head where these muscles connect. I even feel it in my eyes. The tension in the neck is what especially seems to affect dizziness. I know I have neglected getting body work done when I feel a vague nausea, which I realize is for me sometimes the first signs of dizziness. It feels kind of like motion sickness, which is basically what it is. The neck muscles are so messed up that it is affecting proprioception. If I neglect it further it turns into full blown dizziness and balance problems.

7. kathyw

kathyw New Member

Thanks for the valuable info. I will look into this.