Dizziness today??? Kindof like vertigo help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by risinforce, May 4, 2006.

1. risinforce

risinforce New Member

For some reason today I am experiencing pretty major dizziness today. I feel like all of a sudden things will rock. What is the deal? Anyone else had this experience?

I am still swollen in left ankle and foot. Have not started any new meds. It's just really strange. Anyone ever experience this who has FM?

Thanks,

Swaying (shawn)
  2. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

If this is really bad, your doctor can give you an injection for it.

I often get symptoms of labrynthitis as part of my CFS/FMS. The whole room seems to be spinning, & just turning my head on the pillow makes me vomit. I have to hold onto the wall to make it to the bathroom. This used to last about a week, but now I take betahistine/Serc tablets at the first sign of dizziness.

[This Message was Edited on 05/04/2006]
  3. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

..the full name is Betahistine dihydrochloride
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

By rock, do you mean that it felt like your head was going forward and then back? Because I had an episode like that last week at work and it really freaked me out. I have vertigo occasionally, but not like that. It didn't last long, and I haven't had it since.
    Very weird.
    Do you still have yours?
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

OTC Motion sickness chewable pill will, help you.

Good luck I had vertigo for 9 mnths and still get it a little. It is the pits.

Love Anne c
  6. kel78

kel78 Member

Yes, I've had that. Sometimes it's just a quick passing episode, and at other times it can go on for weeks or months. It can be very unsettling when it goes on for so long!

Mary
  7. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I've had it a few times where I can hardly move my head. I have found minor relief with decongestants but mostly I've just had to wait it out.

More typically I get motion sickness. I can get it from turning my head too quickly or from looking backward in the car for an instant. I'll even get it without cause.

Hope you find more answers. I'm finding the responses helpful as well.

Sofi
  8. elliespad

elliespad Member

I've had it MANY times. Used to get it 3 oe 4 times a year. Until I learned to use Turmeric, the herb, not the spice. Take one capsule 2 or 3 times a day. Gets rid of it right quick.
  9. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I sometimes suffer also. I think mine is because some of my meds can lower blood pressure, and then I stand up too fast. Whew! The room spins and I have to sit right back down. I have almost passed out from it, once in the bathroom. I almost didn't make it to the john. LOL

Now I take my meds sitting down on the couch and I stay there, reading the paper usually, for a little while until everything slows down. The attacks come much less frequently now.

I hope you find help. This is so disconcerting!

God Bless.
  10. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Farfetched, but still,,

I had vit. B12 deficiency alot as a child, and when I did, this real vertigo set in. It could feel like I was going to fall out of the bed. It can also feel like your body's limbs are moving, like when you relax in deep water.
  11. Strawberry94

Strawberry94 New Member

Vertigo and nausea have been my worst symptoms. I started with the vertigo in 1994, by 1999 I had to quit work and stop driving. They are hell.

I am going to ask the doc about the betahistine, no one has ever mentioned it to me.

I find Dramamine helps me better than meclinzine. Testing showed that my vertigo is central which means it comes from the brain. I have nystagmus too.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/09/2006]
  12. Strawberry94

Strawberry94 New Member

Elliespad, which brand of Turmeric do you get?