dizziness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tammis, Nov 28, 2005.

1. tammis

tammis New Member

Does anyone have Dizziness problems?I have for about 4 mths,They say related to inner ear,Been to ENT,and now am doing physical therapy which helps some,Any feedback,As I know this can be related to fibro.
  2. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I have the dizzies off an on but mostly on now. Drives me crazy. I've seen a neuro so I guess it's just part of CFS or anxiety or both. Wish I had some suggestions...I'll follow the post to see if anyone suggests anything!

Meow
  3. tammis

tammis New Member

Thanks guys,It just is frustrating,My therapist and I thought maybe rooms that arent well lit bring dizziness on,If its inner ear their isnt much you can do,My dr. says stress I may have to live with,I do love my doc!She just doesnt know what to say with all my stress,Had MRI brain scan,and bloodwork,Once again as with fibro.everything normal.
  4. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

can be caused by chronic lyme disease. I just typed this on another post titled lyme disease. Here's the neurological part of lyme:

Neurologic System

Tremors or unexplained shaking
    Burning or stabbing sensations in the body
    Fatigue, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Weakness, peripheral neuropathy or partial paralysis
    Pressure in the head
    Numbness in body, tingling, pinpricks
    Poor balance, dizziness, difficulty walking
    Increased motion sickness
    Lightheadedness, wooziness

Sometimes all I have to do is look up and when I look back down I've almost lost my balance. I too had my inner ears checked over the years and nothing was ever found.

Sandy
  5. tammis

tammis New Member

Thankyou Sandy,Very interesting and kind of you to share,I know even for inner ear they cant do anything,Its amazing how many people have it.
  6. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

Ever since I got sick with CFS (five years ago) I have been dealing with dizziness, motion sickness, lightheadedness, balance problems, vertigo. My inner ear has been ruled out too.

No doctor really seems to know - I was dx with migraine associated vertigo (have migraines daily as well), and told that the migraines were the cause, even if I am headache-free. Go figure. I chalk it up to the CFS and to stress.

Jennifer
  7. kylesmom

kylesmom New Member

Therapy can help true vertigo. A trained PT can do "canolith repositioning" (I may be spelling that wrong; I am NOT trained to do this) to fix vertigo, and most PTs can teach you certain movements/exercises that will help ease the symptoms. Now, if it's just dizziness from blood pressure, vision issues, etc, there probably isn't much a PT can do.

I have had repeated bouts of vertigo which will last a few months and then spontaneously resolve. I live with the dizziness every day, but I have low blood pressure.
  8. DRSter

DRSter New Member

Does your dizziness come with a feeling of pressure in the ears? Does it come with extreme light sensitivity? Mine did and sometimes it did'nt seem bad inside the house until you went outside and then the unbalanced feeling in my head was 10 fold.

I also had the MRI, CT scan, bloodwork etc. Only to tell me that I was as healthy as they come.
  9. twerp

twerp New Member

eventually led to a diagnosis of CFS was lightheadedness. Went through MRIs, CAT scans, blood sugar testing, etc., etc., but those tests showed nothing.

The only thing that helps me is Klonopin. Take it every day, and have now for about 5 years.

Hugs,
    Twerp
  10. kch64

kch64 New Member

Boy, dizziness is a symptom. Mine comes and goes.

My friend had it worse and when she had the ENT check it he said she had calcium crystals in the labyrinth of the ear. They did a procedure called an Epley maneuver. She couldn't lie down for 48 hours. Her dizziness went away.

She has FM too.

11. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

I have had dizzy turns on and off all the time I have had cfs. Before I was diagnosed with cfs I had all the tests for inner ear and they found nothing. They put me on Stemetil, which did not really help.

In my case, I believe that the dizziness comes from a poorly functioning liver. If I stress my liver, with hair dye, wrong food, emotional stress, within 4 to 24 hours I am dizzy, sometimes to the point where I cannot get out of bed. Sometimes also with nausea.

Often the dizziness is worse in the morning, because, by lying still all night, there has been no body movements to help the liver process the toxins through the system.

You might like to start keeping some type of simple record of what happens in the lead up to your dizzy turn. However, when I first got them, they were also continuous because the liver was so sick. Now, if I am careful, I can pick, and sometimes even predict the possibility of having a dizzy time.

12. tammis

tammis New Member

What is Klonopin?I have several dizzy meds,But make me sooo tired!Im interested in this med,Can you tell me?Thanks
  13. tammis

tammis New Member

This is so weird,This sounds just like me kind of,I do have moments when Im lying down,where I get dizzy,But yes going outside in stores,Like as Im pushing a cart.Or standing in line too long,They tell me dim lights,I dont know.I get this really strange feeling in my head.It feels weird,Although Ive never passed out.Does this happen to you?
  14. tammis

tammis New Member

Yes I was told about these crystals,However I wasnt lucky enough,Didnt work for me,That apparently wasnt what my problem was.
  15. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I have dizzy spell every so often. They usually bother me when I'm walking. I went through lots of tests and the conclusion was that they were caused either by CFIDS or by Fibro.
    I just try not to over extend, because that is when they come. I'm not very good at it, though. LOL
    Good luck,
    Terry
  16. tammis

tammis New Member

Wow very interesting,I will have to look that up,Eagle syndrome.What ever came of your daughters symptoms then?Or what did they do?Thanks
  17. tigger5

tigger5 New Member

I looked up "dizziness" in one of my favorite books "Chronic Fatigue Unmasked" by Dr. Poesnecker. On pg 198 he lists a number of different common allergic reactions - headache, dizziness, sleepiness, numbness and strange sensations in different parts of the body. These could be reactions to food or environmental substances.