Dizziness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CarolDonz, Apr 5, 2006.

1. CarolDonz

CarolDonz New Member

Hi all,

I've had CFIDS and fibro for some time now, which waxes and wanes, as you all know. Do any of you have a big problem w/dizziness?

Thanks,
    Carol
  2. cathugs

cathugs New Member

I have this problem also. Some times I stagger
    around like a drunk person.
    I also have a problem keeping my balance. I can be standing still and start falling to the left. A neuro
    dx me with neuropathy.
    Have you ever been to a neurolgist?
    THIS DD is enough to drive any one Batty.

(((dizzy hugs from 'cathugs')))
  3. Hinemoa

Hinemoa New Member

Dizziness is part of the whole package; for me at least.

Mostly it's caused by low, make that LOW, Blood Pressure. It has been as low as 69/40. Usually it hovers around 90/55. 'course I'm not too great at standing when it falls as low as the previous number.

If you're not getting your BP checked at the doctor you might consider checking it for yourself at Walmart or your friendly neighborhood grocery store.

Blessings,

Sandra
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Vertigo for almost 10 months now I get occasional dizzy spells maybe two a day, so much better. The bad ones cleared up when I was on the awful CIPRO for UTI. My heart doc thinks it was probably bacteria in the middle ear affecting balance and equilibreum. If you do OK on CIPRO it may be worth a try, as I hate that dizzyness.

LOve Anne C
  5. chloeuk

chloeuk New Member

I am on a drug called stemzine to help with the dizziness and it has helped. Saw cardiologist yesterday and I am going to have bp monitered and HR over 24hrs and also stress test to see if they can work out was is causing the dizziness.

Chloe
  6. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

have you been checked for MS?
    staggering around is one of the typical symptoms and different from the usual dizziness.
    take care
    karina
    [This Message was Edited on 04/07/2006]
  7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I have had trouble with dizziness and balance. It's not constant, but enough to be annoying. I also have really low blood pressure.

Ellen
  8. Malteaser1955

Malteaser1955 New Member

Hi Carol
    I've had Fibro and fatigue for nearly 3-years, and strangely have for the past 2/3-months or so noticed dizziness only on first waking and last thing at night when I lie down, it settles until I rise again, then I'm fine once up. Is this something similar, or do you have much worse symptoms?
    Rita
  9. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

I have a balance problem and now have to use a cane whenever I go out. At home, its not as bad, or I hold on to the furniture. I find it worse on uneven surfaces or dim light.

Suzette
  10. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

It's not all the time but when it does happen it's horrible.
    I was driving to work a couple of days ago and all of a sudden everything spun. It only happened for a second but scared the poop out of me.

I wish I knew what causes it. I've had sinus/ear infections cause it but I don't have either of those right now. I've also heard that if you turn your head a certain way sometimes, it can cause it.

Love to know the answer.

Eileen
  11. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Had a severe bout with vertigo, dizziness just before breakdown in 1998....now it's on and off.

I am changing from Effexor XR to Cymbalta, and this morning I am very dizzy, leaning to the left like someone said. Hate changing meds, and have especially be leery of this change.

I guess it's part of the package of all these DD's.

Sue