Dizziness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I have had dizziness for the past couple of days now as well as what feels like tremors and shortness of breath...should I be worried? is anyone else going thru this? Thanks again for any help.

Ann
  2. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I get the dizziness and tremors. When I am really bad I can experience the shortness of breath. The problem we have is deciding if this is just one more weird symptom or is it something different we should be addressing with our Doc. Good luck figuring that out. I always struggle with new symptoms.
  3. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

I'm having the same symptoms. The way I describe it is that I feel like I've had three cans of beeer: dizzy, eyes want to cross, brain won't function at all, no concentration or patience. It almost feels like a panic attack, but I can't imagine what might be causing it.

Maybe it's the weather. I've read that our symptoms are always worse during the spring and fall when the pressure systems are very active.
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

It is likely part of the dysautonomia that many of us experience. It could be the weather, do you have any allergies? If you are worried, you should get it checked out. That's always a good rule of thumb if it's a new symptom.

Hope you feel better.
    Kathy.
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Hi Ann,

I would certainly get it checked out. Have you tried Meclazine(otc motion sickness pill) this can help with dizziness.

Because you are having shortness of breath I would se a doctor as that sounds a bit iffy to me. Just to be on the safe side?

Love Anne C
  6. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Have you started any new meds or sups? I started a new muscle relaxant and was dizzy for a couple of days. It's OK now, but bothered me for a while.
  7. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I get this way. I don't know what causes it exactly. I think it might be related to blood sugar. I definitely get shaky when I get hypoglycemic.

It really is an icky feeling.

sofi
  8. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

I get shortness of breath and tremors when I am very tried or overexerted - looks like an asthma attack and sometimes I have to take asthma mediciation.

Dizziness is sometimes associated with a poorly functioning liver. If it is poor liver function, it will flare up after a period of stress or exposure to chemicals and travel tablets etc., will provide little relief. There are "poo" tests you can have to measure liver function.

Certainly dizziness is also caused by lots of other things, just to complicate matters. However, after years of being told that my dizziness was due to inner ear problems, etc., I found that it was caused by my liver.
    Worth checking out if you do not get relief from medication.