Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by christina38, Jan 18, 2009.

1. christina38

christina38 New Member

Anyone else here suffer from dizziness.
    I know that those of you that have been here a while probably get similar topics posted,
    but I can't stand this dizziness, and I need to know if it's normal for fm.
  2. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

There are people who claim to have dizziness as a symptom of FM.

In my case, however, I was eventually found to have inner ear damage. I now believe it is a mistake to assume that so many symptoms are just part of FM.

Dizziness can be caused by various things, including inner ear problems. I find that tension in my neck and shoulders increases the severity considerably.

If you search you will find many posts on this topic. There are also web sites devoted to this topic. I think one is called thedizzylounge.

This symptom is very difficult to stand, as you say.

I suggest you see your doctor if it persists. You may need a referral to an ENT or Neuro.

A drug worth trying is stematil. This stopped my dizzyness for one and a half years, but then lost effect.

Another treatment is vestibular exercises. There is info about these on the net. They usually make the dizzyness worse, before there is an improvement.

Good luck
    I hope this is of some help

3. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I get severely dizzy sometimes. Ginger helps with that. Ginger capsules. Or Ginger tea.
  4. star273

star273 New Member

I have had severe dizziness. Dont know really what to do about it. I know sometimes when it is bad, I take a xanax and it really helps.. I seem to have times where its there all the time and then just sometimes. I have had my ears checked and everything. I notice I am really stuffy all the time too, wonder if thats it.. who knows. Guess it is just one of those fun things with FM.My Dr. also said she hears alot of people say they are dizzy with FM...
  5. MsE

MsE New Member

Look up the directions for the Epley Maneuver on your browser. Sometimes dizziness is caused by a tiny crystal that falls into the wrong spot in your inner ear. Raises havoc with balance and causes miserable dizziness. The Epley Maneuver works if that's the problem.
  6. christina38

christina38 New Member

Thanks for your replys. I think I will check with an ENT just to make sure it's not something
    other than FM.

7. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

8. Engel

Engel New Member

I am constantly dizzy and fall easily. I have to be really careful. I even fall using a cane. When I am super dizzy I use my walker. I have FM & CFS (and a host of other fun things).
    [This Message was Edited on 01/20/2009]