dizzy and my mouth and tongue go numb

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by zen68, Dec 6, 2008.

1. zen68

zen68 New Member

Saw dr three weeks ago who doesn't know what is wrong, maybe a virus, but did the neurological exam and said he didn't think it was that. But three weeks with a virus? It is getting worse, used to only happen at night but now happening all the time. I am afraid to leave the house for fear I'll pass out in a store, or while driving. Really ruining my life. Is this related to the fibro?
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

I don't think you should listen to your dr. Tell him FM is not the cause of everything, altho' so many drs feel they can pass off all symptoms to it.

Are you able to talk while this is going on? Have you had a neuro exam? An MRI?

I don't know the answer, but some signs of mini-strokes are dizzziness and not being able to talk, or tongue off "midline" or numbness.

Can you put your hands in the air, smile, and say a complete sentence while this is happening?

If it happens while you drive, you need to get it checked out better, ok?

Is your blood pressure low? If so, eat more salt, to increase your blood volume, it may help the dizziness.

Could any of your meds be causing this? Talk to your pharmacist.

Let us know what you find out...

3. Sunspot

Sunspot New Member

Could you be allergic or sensitive to something you're eating? Or is there some new medication or supplement you started taking recently?

Also, have you had your B12 checked recently? And iron? Often they say they don't need to check B12 because it will show up on the blood panel, but it can actually be 'hidden' if iron is also somewhat low.

Good luck with this...