Dizzy feelings.....anyone else

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dd, Nov 5, 2002.

1. dd

dd New Member

Hi All - I was waking up this morning and had not gotten out of bed yet when my head went spinning. This happened a couple of times within a few minutes of each other. I laid there and waited for it to happen again but it didn't. Of course I got scared about it and caused my pulse to shoot thru the roof so I took a Xanax. I feel a bit better now but am just a Little dizzy but not that room-spinning dizzy. I have had this in the past when I was sick with a sinus infection but I don't have that right now. My neck does feel a little stiff though like a pulled muscle or something. I have also had a few stressful days so I don't know if that would have anything to do with it.

Any advise or anyone have this.....please share.

Thanks,

Debbie
  2. dd

dd New Member

Hi All - I was waking up this morning and had not gotten out of bed yet when my head went spinning. This happened a couple of times within a few minutes of each other. I laid there and waited for it to happen again but it didn't. Of course I got scared about it and caused my pulse to shoot thru the roof so I took a Xanax. I feel a bit better now but am just a Little dizzy but not that room-spinning dizzy. I have had this in the past when I was sick with a sinus infection but I don't have that right now. My neck does feel a little stiff though like a pulled muscle or something. I have also had a few stressful days so I don't know if that would have anything to do with it.

Any advise or anyone have this.....please share.

Thanks,

Debbie
  3. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

Dizziness is not uncommon with CFS. You should probably mention your dizziness to your doctor so he/she can check you out to be sure it's not something you need to be conerned about.
    Neurally mediated hypotension sometimes accompanies CFS and I believe it can cause dizziness, especially on getting up from a prone position, but just to be safe you should always check with your doctor.
  4. selma

selma New Member

no advice. we're with you in this spinning world.

Love
    selma
  5. donza

donza New Member

I've been dizzy since I became ill in March 2002...its severity has subsided a bit since then, but still walking around with a light head. Take it one day at a time.
  6. tatwigg

tatwigg New Member

Your blood sugar may be low. Check with your doctors. This is also a FM thing, and I just found out myself when my Aunt tested me one morning when I was dizzy and my hands were shaking. Your blood sugar should be between 100 and 150, and mine was 79. After I ate and got some sugar in me, it went up to 126.

Check it out, TATWIGG

7. tatwigg

tatwigg New Member

Stress will trigger the low blood sugar also.

TATWIGG

8. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Just laying in bed, not even up yet, and the room starts to spin. I don't know if it has anything to do with FM or not, but do know that it was mighty scary! I gradually got better through the day, but stayed home....didn't dare or even WANT to go anywhere. It's only happened twice.

Marilyn :)
  9. dd

dd New Member

Thank you all for your responses. I really appreciate them all.

I now have a migraine this afternoon and the dizzyness is now almost gone. I used to get migraines almost daily but have not had one in a very long time. It never started out with dizzyness though. I noticed though that I still have that pinching feeling in my neck, almost like a pinched nerve or something. Yesterday I had a situation with my 14 year old and 10 year old son, caught both of them smoking red handed. I didn't yell or scream at them, instead I did what some friends of mine have done with their kids, I made each of them smoke in front of me, almost a whole pack between the both of them. They both ended up sick to their stomachs and dizzy. Both said that they never wanted to try it again. This morning I was feeling bad for doing that and ended up with this horrible pinched like neck, I think from stress.

What do you all think?

Thanks,

Debbie

[ advertisement ]