Dizzy One Year Later.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joeb7th, Jan 19, 2007.

1. joeb7th

joeb7th New Member

I have posted many times about how I got a flu in Dec. 2005 and three days into this...got up to go to the bathroom and fainted.

I feel full weight on my face and broke my septum and knocked myself out.

Lots of blood poured out of my nose for one week.

Ever since then I have been dizzy and unsteady on my feet and my eye sight is defi itely worse with not being able to see in the dark as well, much more sensitive to sunlight and var headlights at night and my vision seems less periferal. Like I have to look around more to see everything.

Amazingly, I have told so many doctors exactly what I am telling you here in the last year and not one has said what it may be from.

You would think that maybe that 215 lbs. free fall on my skull that knocked me out might be a starting point in testing me. But I even went to a neurologist and told him about my unstaedy gait and dizziness and changed eyesight. He didn't say anything! He gave me a free sample of something called Lyrica for the other nerve tingly, prickly feelings I get inside and out at unpredictable times every day. Like my nerve system is just haywire too.

I know this sounds incredible...but shouldn't a doctor be investigating whether or not that skull banging mught have had something to do with my dizziness and unsteadiness the last year?

What doctor type should I see for this?
  2. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

It may take you several doctors, but you need to be proactive. Did they do an MRI? Do your own research, and then find a doctor who will work with you.

Good luck.

CherylSue
  3. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Start with an MRI. Go from there. Don't give up!
    Mini
  4. zion1971

zion1971 New Member

hi

i had what doctors called benign vertigo from fluid in the inner ears. it started in november and last week was the first time i could walk around without feeling like i would not fall. that was nov-january. i was so dizzy i went to the er where they looked at me like i was wasting their time. so i know what you feel somewhat.

i was given antivert for the dizziness (i am still a little lightheaded but not enough to complain). maybe this will help you. i don't know, but keep advocating for yourself.

hang in there. you are in my prayers.
  5. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

im chronically dizzy/off balance. its by far my worse symptom right now. Also vision blurry, light headed, muscle aches and fatigue...oh and anxiety just to name a few.