Dizzy sick feeling when lying down

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Goldyfm, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Goldyfm

Goldyfm New Member

I know this will probably have plagued someone other than me. It is every night when I lie down that I get this immediate spinning room, dizzy headed, sick feeling. It is as if I am about to pass out. It lasts just a matter of seconds and then subsides. I am not surprised by any symptom that shows up anymore. I just want validation that yes this is FM related. I have 2 weeks til my next doctor's appointment.
  2. 143alan

143alan New Member

You may want to be tested for this because it causes this type of dizziness. Doc thought I had it but turned out mine was inner ear damage.

I have to take a diuretic and a decongestant to keep from being dizzy. I usually do this every 3rd day if I can stretch it that far because I don't want to take them every day with the other stuff I have to take.

Most of the time now I can just take the diurectic and it works.

I hope you're feeling better, I know what a miserable feeling that is.
    Take Care
    Nancy
  3. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

Dr said I had vertigo causes dizzy spells after he ruled out low blood pressure it was making me sick to my stomach to so he gave me motion sickness pills to take when it occured.

they are right see a dr about it it may be something serious to.
  4. rockymtnmom

rockymtnmom New Member

Glad you're going to the doc to check out symptoms cause they can be caused by a number of things.

Mine is syncope - usually happens to thise with low blood pressure and/or dehydrated folks.

Usually helps to stay well hydrated and progress slowly from sitting up to laying down and vice versa.

Good luck

Kim
  5. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

goldy
    look up vestibular disorders ???? good luck foy
  6. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

Hi,

Just prior to the onset of my FM symptoms I had several occassions that severe "Bed spins" woke me up out of a dead sleep...NO...I hadn't been drinking...or anything else for that matter. I would immediately sit up and it would be gone in seconde. Scared that I was going to have a stroke or something my doctor explained it was positional verigo (I think he used the word vertigo). Basically, you know that your balance is dependent on the fluid in your ears...ear infections are often accompanied by vertigo. Anyway, I did not have an ear infection at that time. I was afraid to go to sleep at night. It went away. Came back and went away again.

I wonder if it has to do with some sort of muscle spasm...it was around that same time I had a lump on the back of my head...right where the trapizius muscle attatches to the skull...caused by a trap spasm. All of this was a month or so after a severe sinus infection and the first of my "real" FM symptoms.

Let us know what you find out.

Joann
    [This Message was Edited on 11/07/2006]