dizzy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by trixxi, Jan 16, 2006.

1. trixxi

trixxi New Member

THANK GOD, I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE DIZZY...I STARTED BELIEVING MY FAMILY...'IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD'
  2. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

Good grief - your family should be supporting you, not questioning your symptoms!

I am a fellow dizzy lady - and I was glad to find out I wasn't the only one also!

Jennifer
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

as I know how this feels. Had severe vertigo that turned into dizziness for five months-people just dismissed it too when it really impacts one's ability to even drive safely. I took 2mg valium for it (although I normally hate to take any meds) this worked for me. Dramamine works for others, it made me worse.
    It will pass-do go and have checks to make sure why you are geting it though I had MRI and MRA of head as otherwise it is scary. I know tons of people on and off the board have had dizziness and vertigo one doc told me a virus came in about twelve years ago that has been going round the country and he had seen a huge increase in people with viral nerve disease due to it.
    Love Crom
  4. sdown

sdown New Member

Hi, I was dizzy for 3 months. I found out I have ringworm of the body. My husband got athlete's foot and jock's itch. My fungus was all over the body. Itchy everywhere. Doc gave me terbinafine pills for 3-4 weeks. Four years ago I had dizziness and it was caused by the HHV6 virus the doc told me. She put me on blood thinners (heparin lozenges) for 18 months. The dizziness totally disappeared within 3 weeks on the blood thinners. Get the doc to check you for different viruses. Alot of viruses can cause dizziness. There is info on this site about the HHV6 virus. My doc has patients that have lyme, chlamydia, etc. She said 90% of her FM/CFS patients get put on blood thinners due to a poor sed rate (bad circulation). So bad circulation can cause dizziness especially if its related to viral activity.
  5. Frustratedandtired

Frustratedandtired New Member

I was so dizzy this morning, I had to stay in bed a little longer than usual. Then when I got up the whole room was spinning. I find that I have this problem a lot during the times that people around me are having sinus trouble. I can take a dramamine if it gets too bad and it helps me but knocks me out. I find it usually passes within about a month.
  6. trixxi

trixxi New Member

i HAVEBOTH CFIDS/FIBR MY 30 YR. OLD DAUHGTER LIVES WITH ME HAS LUPUS & NO INSURANCE. WE'VE BEEN SO SICK SINCE THANKSGIVING. I'M STILL WORKING BUT MY HEALTH IS GOING DOWN FAST. I MISS 1-2 DAYS WORK EVERY WEEK. I HAVE LOST HOPE-WE HAVE NO SUPPORT FROM ANYONE BUT MY DR.
  7. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Just got back from my dr about my "dizzies". He said to take Allegra daily--he said this antihistamine is good for preventing vertigo. Also, if this doesn't work I can take a little OTC Bonine along with it.

I have had this imbalance now for a week. Feels like the ears as I have buzzing and when I turn my head from side to side--it causes me to float and become dizzy.

Sure hope this goes away soon--it's miserable. Was diagnosed with BBPV years ago, however have been feeling better until last week. This could be an after effect from having a cold virus.

T
  8. sdown

sdown New Member

Ask doc to verify if its a middle ear infection.