Dizzyness problems and relatives fibro symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Joshuaalpha, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Joshuaalpha

Joshuaalpha New Member

I am a 31 yr old male and my dizziness started 7 yrs ago as well as my chronic pain.

My mother has fibromyalgia and she doesn't have dizziness. wtf. I also have chronic sinusitis. she don't.

Does sex have anything to do with it. I know FIbro is rare in men........ lucky me. I joined the military and shortly after basic training my symptoms started and it just got worse from my trips in the navy overseas to the persian gulf. every day was a struggle to not go insane.

My doctor thinks I have post traumatic stress from dealing with all the crap. I'm wondering if the pain gets worse over time if you push yourself. It would seem that way for me. well If I try to do any excercise or anything stressful I just get more dizzy and tired and get all the usual bad constipation/diarea pushing it out insane pain.

Is the dizziness the so called fibro-fog?? I think it may be. well my wall as I call it is a combination of shortness of breath dizziness and pain which leads me to have to goto sleep or have a panic attack.

I really wish my mother never had any kids then I wouldn't have to go through this crap everyday

2. Joshuaalpha

Joshuaalpha New Member

I'm on Celexa and Risparadol. my mother is on Epival and I tried that but I had a really bad reaction to it. TOns of pain in my gut. My mother is on alot of different meds and we both have fibro but not exactly the same. Maybe some day we will have relief but everyday is still a struggle for me to get through sleeping 12-14 hrs a day depending on my stress lvl which means I try to do as little as possible
  3. Joshuaalpha

Joshuaalpha New Member

yah it's nice to finally know it's not my fault and that it is a genetic illness passed through the generations and a brain disfunction. I feel warm and fuzzy inside knowing that after finally getting a fibro diagnosis and a bipolar type 2 diagnosis
  4. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

Hi Joshua. Your dizziness and shortness of breath could be caused by an orthostatic intolerance problem.

I have FM and CFS and have neurocardiogenic syncope which is one form of orthostatic intolerance.

I had this for 6 years before I, though my own research, discovered what it was, and found out that I needed to ask for a tilt table test.

I passed out on the table. You can type orthostatic intolerance into a search engine to learn about it. I'm not sure about FM, but most people with CFS have a form of orthostatic intolerance.

I hope you find find out what is wrong with you and get help.

Good Luck,
    Barb