dizzyness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pansygirl, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Does anyone else experience dizzyness, lightheadedness

I have this from time to time but the past two mornings I've had a spell that will
    last several hours and then it goes away. I'm usually up for over an hour before it starts.

I am eating my usual breakfast and not changing my routine so I'm confused .

I'm trying to decide if I should go to the doctor or not.

Thanks for listening.

Susan

2. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have had dizziness, vertigo, off balance and light headedness ever since this darn CFS or whatever I have as I doubt my Dx all the time. My doc tells me its sinuses but I don't think with sinus it would come and go. Mine is usually worse in the morning but can happen at any time. Oh, I was first told it was anxiety.

I would go to the doctor and get it checked out, it could be an inner ear problem .I hate the feeling cause it does seem to make my anxiety worse.

Good luck and keep us posted.
    gg
  3. star273

star273 New Member

I have this all the time too.. I have had my ears checked and they are fine. I have FM and sinus problems... my Dr. says its just another side effect of FM. It comes and goes..... so who knows what it really is... Good luck.
  4. 3gs

3gs New Member

I have Menieres(spelling). It wouldnt hurt to have doc ck your ears.
    do you have ringing?

My chiro helps with this. In fact when its bad I know I need to see him(NUCCA).

this is a symptom of fibro cfs/me
  5. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

i aso have menieres & it is acting up right now. what all do u do for yours? i went to the dr today & he upped my klonopin dosage & meclizine. he has me taking a water pill also & zyrtec to help drain the fluid off my ears. do you do anything different? thanks for your help. sorry to hyjack the post but dizzy goes with fm & menieres.

glenda
  6. panthere

panthere Member

Maybe it's low blood pressure?? Not enough sodium in the body? Electrolyte imbalance?
    [This Message was Edited on 04/21/2009]
  7. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

for everyone's suggestions and replies. I still may go to the doctor and
    get checked.

I've had dizzyness off and on since I got this dd.

I can handle the short times of dizzyness it's when
    it goes for a long time that I get worried and not to
    mention can't function.

I also can't handle someone jumping up and down in front
    of me( a favorite of my daughter when she is excited) or looking at anything spinning......makes me dizzy.

I have had ringing in both of my ears for at least 10 yrs
    or as long as I have had hearing aids. I'm only 44 yrs old.
    (mine is a hereditary loss)

For some reason of all the symptoms of this dd the dizzyness
    is the one that scares me . (anxiety)

gentle hugs, Susan
    [This Message was Edited on 04/21/2009]
  8. simpsons

simpsons Member

i think that it is good advice to get your ears checked out

i also have a problem with movement and flashing lights i think that it may be a bit of an epileptic fit. i had a bad reaction to the flash photography at the invest in me conference last year and they said some me patients had this problem and asked them not to use them anymore. i spoke to a friend that has epilepsy and he said the feeling i have is like his when he has a fit

i used to get very dizzy and prof julia newton said that it could be due to low circulating blood volume. and cutting back on salt in your diet can be bad and make you feel ill. i started to increase my fluid intake to increase my blood volume and adding more salt to my diet. salt can raise blood pressure so if your blood pressure is low adding more salt can raise it and stop you feeling so dizzy i found.

you can buy blood pressure machines cheaply so it would be interesting if you took your blood pressure and could see if it was lower when you felt more dizzy.

you could see if you have pots by checking the difference in blood pressure on standing and after standing for some while.

you can get the dvd from invest in me and hear dr julia newton for yourself.

also i found taking d ribose and q10 with magnesium i was able to support the mitochondria so that the mitochondria in my heart were stronger and able to pump more blood around when i was standing. this all together seems to help. i don,t get so dizzy now.

dr julia newtons papers can be found on me research and dr myhill,s research on the mitochondria can be found on her website

i hope my experience helps you, its dreadful feeling that dizzyness. i remember feeling dizzy even lying down at one stage like i was drunk and the room was spinning.

9. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I had thought about getting a blood pressure machine as by the time I
    get to the doctor my dizzyness could be gone.

I have a question though I saw some at the pharmacy and the brand name ones
    were double in price for the store brand. Do they work just the same for less money?

thanks for everyone's suggestions, Susan

It's good to know I'm not alone.

[This Message was Edited on 04/23/2009]