DLPhenylalanine for pain control Thank you Working

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dee50, May 23, 2006.

1. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I would like to thank the person that talked about DL-Phenyalalanime bringing her pain level down from a very high level to about a 5. I can't find the post to thank you by name. I'm taking 1000mg of this free form amino acid and I feel better from my first dose! Thank you Thank you. My DO doctor said this product is an excellent choice for me and asked me to read a book DLPA by Fox and Fox.
    I'm on guai and I was in a 3 week cycle in my back. Wow what a cycle. My pain level was so high the whole time the cycle is over now and I feel so so much better. Thanks again for posting about DL-Phenylalanine.
    My DO doctor said that there is a trick to using this product. No protien 1 hour before taking it and No protien for 2 hours after taking it.
    Dee50
    [This Message was Edited on 05/23/2006]
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

It was'nt me who mentioned but I'm just popping in to say, Thats great!!!
    I did see that DLphen..... mentioned here before alot,
    but like alot of other stuff,...ya hate to keep spending money and get no results~
    I'll definately think again about trying this amino.
    I just got a new vitamin catalog yesterday in the mail.

Gonna order some soon :)
    Thanks for sharing
    Hugs
    Tandy
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

It might have been me. I am always yaking up DL-Phenylalanine and amino acids. They should always be taken away from protein sources. If you are having sleep, depression or anxiety issues, L-Tryptophan, another amino acid has been GREAT for me. I use it for sleep. Must be taken with B-6 and, again, AWAY from protein sources. I also take L-Tyrosine, for alertness, production of Thyroid hormones, pain. Also, GABA, for brain calming and sleep.

If it was me who steered you towards it, I'm happy you have found it so helpful, so fast. In a short time, you will wonder why others are still using narcotics and NSAIDS. And it's SO CHEAP.
  4. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I hear ya! I could open a store with all the stuff that has not helped me. And the books! Wow have I got books on CF/FM. I'm sure that my daughter has FM too so I tell myself (when I'm down in the dumps) that I'm doing all this learning, reading and trying new products so that she will not have to go into that black hole of no hope as she deals with her FM. And of course I do things for myself too.
    Take care,
    Dee50
  5. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Thank you YES It was you:) Do you take all your amino acids at the same time? Once a day? Thank you so so much Ellie for talking over and over about this stuff!
    Dee50:)
  6. elliespad

elliespad Member

No, I don't take them all at the same time. When I take the DL-Phenylalanine, I may or may not take the Tyrosine, depends if I've been going through a particularly sleepy, spell. Usually just the Dl-phenylalanine.

My Tryptophan and GABA, i take at night. my GABA has other good stuff in it,Valerian Root, Skullcap, passion flower, 5-htp, melatonin, but the main ingredient is GABA.

All of these are also REALLY CHEAP, with the exception of the l-Tryptophan. You want a high quality product. I use and recommend BIOS, LIDTKE, CRAIG, NOKOMIS, or by prescription from a Compounding pharmacy. i would NOT recommend the brand, DR's BEST. It is crap in my book.

I'M REALLY GLAD someone found my ranting useful. help spread the word about amino acids.
  7. kbak

kbak Member

Hi,
    I also learned about DLPA from this site. I've been taking it for over a year and wouldn't be without it. This site has been a life saver for me! Everything I'm doing to treat myself, I've learned from here.

K.
  8. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

amino acids . I take a combo ( amino fuel by twinlab )
    and also tyrosine and phenylalinine . I am already
    in better spirits , and not so groggy and spacey all of the time. My concentration was so poor, I felt nervous about driving .

This is one product that works , and that is essential for good health. Even if I get cured, I will stick with the aminos.

9. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

amino acids . I take a combo ( amino fuel by twinlab )
    and also tyrosine and phenylalinine . I am already
    in better spirits , and not so groggy and spacey all of the time. My concentration was so poor, I felt nervous about driving . At least now , I do not feel the need to be constantly drinking caffeine.

This is one product that works , and that is essential for good health. Even if I get cured, I will stick with the aminos.

10. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

That certain people who can't break down that particular amino acids have to avoid? Just want to make that really clear, if it is. If so, it won't be the answer to everyone's needs.

Although I am totally for home remedies, and would love to be able to get 'drug free', not all of us are able to do that, and not all of these 'miracle cures' that are non-narcotic work for all of us. Just needed to point that out. No need for those of us who do depend on narcotics and/or traditional medicine to feel guilty or that we are somehow a lesser person because we don't adhere to all these non-traditional 'cures'. PG
  11. elliespad

elliespad Member

yes, Aspartame is made by joining two protein components, aspartic acid and phenylalanine.

Side effects of Aspartame
    Phenylalanine, an amino acid component of aspartame, poses a problem for people with phenylketonuria (PKU), a congenital hereditary condition caused by the body's inability to oxidise phenylalanine to tyrosine due to, a defective enzyme. Such people risk brain damage if they use aspartame and that is why Nutrasweet diet products carry the warning 'contains phenylalanine.'

A PKU test is done shortly after birth, before leaving the hospital, using a pin prick, so these infants are identified early and, hopefully, likely, are aware that they have PKU, and know they should not consume phenylalanine, and high protein source foods.

12. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

as aspartame .
  13. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

More info on amino acids for depression/ & or pain can be found by googling :

" The Way Up From Down Dr Priscilla Slagle "

She has used aminos with patients and gives helpful info on the site will link to. " The Way Up From Down "
    is the name of her book .
  14. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

It's helpful when people give feedback when they are proactive enough to try a suggestion here.

I've been wanting to try this myself. I've had good results w/ a couple of other amino acids. And yes, they need to be taken on an empty stomache, so they don't have to compete w/ your food protein.

Jeanne
  15. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

some experts advise always taking tyrosine or phenylalinine WITH B6 ( EACH DOSE ) .

I always take the B6 with the aminos on an empty stomach and wait at least 45 min to eat .