DMSA chelation and exercise is helping

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JoFMS, Aug 11, 2008.

1. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

Hi All,

Just an update on my progress:

I am now on Round 5 of DMSA 12.5mg for 3.5 days on and 4 days off. I am using chelation following Andrew Cutler's protocol and I am feeling better!

I am amazed at how much I am able to exercise now and my emotions have been stable for at least 2 weeks which is great as I was always up and down - especially my adrenals. I actually enjoy exercise now and have more energy. I'm even thinking of getting an exercise bike to step the pace up a bit.

I think just having my silver fillings out and starting chelation has really helped.

I can now do the following:
    10 mins on an exercise machine (used to only do 5 mins)
    15 x 1kg weight lifts (used to only be able to do 4 x 400g)
    Stretches twice a day (used to only once)
    series of different exercises in groups of 10

and I'm in less pain generally!

Things that are helping me are:
    DMSA chelation for mercury
    exercise & stretches(now that I can, I intend to continue)
    higher doses of supplements
    thyroboost supplement - containing kelp, L-tyrosine, gentian
    vegetable juice (makes my urine ph more alkaline so my body can detox better)
    slice of lemon in water (makes my urine ph more alkaline)
    CES (cranio electro stimulation) - helping for sleep every second day
    zapper for parasites every second day
    plotting a body temperature graph daily has helped me immensely - cannot recommend it enough - google Dr rind's temp graph. Helps hugely see what's happening with my adrenals and thyroid and when things stabilise.

Without boosting my body temperature - many of the body systems and enzymes cannot function correctly so this makes a huge difference for me. I feel better when my temperatures are higher at 37C as opposed to 36.3 like they used to be.

I really feel I'm on the right road to recovery and know it will take time but its been fast so far!

2. simonedb

simonedb Member

hey what is your dx, cfs or fm? curious what made u decide to get mercury out, I am trying to figure tht out right now. some say that with cfids/me doing that and doing chelation can be risky. glad yer ok.
  3. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

Hi Anchorholds - thanks for the advice on exercise - I take it very slowly and some days when I feel like doing more I dont because I know that I could relapse.

The good news is I am definetly feeling stronger - I didn't even used to be able to take the lid of a bottle of water or open jars, fill up the kettle - and I can do all those things now.

Kelp - does worry me and I stopped using it for a while but my temps dropped and I felt worse. I am trying to source another solution to that. Thanks for the reminder.

I have cfs since Oct 2006 and fibro since 2003, I decided to go down the heavy metal route after attempting to have 4 of my fillings removed in 2006 just to see if I felt any better - I did this unsafely without realising and I had fatigue, exhaustion and everything else on top - I believe this to be the cause of my cfs as it started from there. My adrenals went overtime as they were removed unsafely the very next day and I was in fits of crying for no reason like I wasn't in control. This is when I knew the amalgams must have affectd me.

2 years later July this yr - I decided to have the rest of my fillings out after much research and start chelating to get it out of me once and for all.

Theres no way I could have started exercising as much as I am or doing what I'm doing before starting this process. I didn't realise just how much they made me sick and stopped me from getting well.