DMSO

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loriaball1, Jan 8, 2006.

1. loriaball1

loriaball1 New Member

A friend called me tonight and suggested that I search the web for DMSO. Was not impressed with what I read. Has anyone heard of this or tried it?

Thanks, loriaball1
  2. mary124

mary124 New Member

I used it for a treatment for IC (Interstitial Cystitis) -- It smells like garlic. When I was getting this treatment I went to the doctors, but now you can do this yourself. You use a cath. and put it in your bladder. No fun at all.
    There are other treatments and medications available. You need to see a Uro who specializes in this -- not all URO's are knowledgable.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/12/2006]
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

It seemed to help my dislocated wrist pain (from car accident), but only up to a point, altho I was religious with it. But, ANY help was appreciated as I could barely hold anything over a weight of 4 oz. before using it.

hope this is of some help,
    Victoria
  4. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

My horse has a bowed tendon and we are sweating it out with DSMO. My trainer swears by it but I use gloves to put it as they have all warned me abou the taste if you get it on your hands. Also I mix it with cortizone and the vey said it helps deliver the cotizone to the injured tendon. Lynn

PS sounds like you have a nice friend who is thinking about you! [This Message was Edited on 01/13/2006]
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I've had it done several times in the doctor's office, but it really didn't help me. I have IC and reducing the acid in foods and drinks by taking Prelief has helped me more than anything.

Ellen
  6. FM58

FM58 New Member

Hi Loriaball,

I also tried bladder instillations of DMSO for IC- it was not helpfull for me either. As a matter of fact, the DMSO increased my pain starting with the 3rd treatment.

What were you thinking of trying DMSO for?

I have heard of several people that have been helped by the bladder instillations for IC. Yes, you do indeed smell like garlic afterwards for about 12-24hours. My urologist always insisted on doing the instillation late in the afternoon, so hopefully most of the smell would wear off by the next day.

I hope you find an answer to what your looking for.