dncnfngrs' detox progress

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Slayadragon, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I tried an Ambrotose capsule today, and then wrote about it on my status report.

I hope you're both making progress and feeling relatively okay. (Are those things necessarily contradictory? It would be nice to find a way to do both at once....)

Best, Lisa

[This Message was Edited on 03/17/2007]
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

It's really amazing that you can make that much detoxing progress without getting sick (as you did on the licorice). Obviously you're doing something right.

There's a lot of stuff that you're doing that I've never tried, but perhaps I'll get around to it. I'm thinking now that being on antivirals means that I should detox more slowly, but perhaps there are other things I can do to improve the situation.

I will be less ladylike than you and state that I am getting alternating constipation and diarrhea since starting the methyl unblockers. This issue was fine before I started. The colonic was helpful, but things did not return to normal. Suggestions?

I remember reading about the cream of tartar a while ago, but don't recall exactly how to do it. Would you please repeat it?

I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to retitle this thread.....part for altruistic reasons, mostly because I'd like to hear a discussion on some of the things that you're doing before I try them myself. I'll change it back or delete it if you want though.

I'm very happy for your husband! Mine is not in very good shape right now, but hopefully a trip to the Chinese doctor (plus a checkup at the regular doctor) will perk him up.

It sounds like you're more on your way to somewhere good than you've been in my memory, and so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Best, Lisa

[This Message was Edited on 03/17/2007]
  3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Wish I could get IV's, but my veins won't let me. Getting blood drawn every week when I'm not in good condition is the scariest thing about Valcyte. And I can't do shots any more (I never minded them) because of the rubber/latex allergy. So I will trudge onward. Your way sounds better.

What is molybdenum for? I recall my doctor recommending it years and years ago, but I can't recall what for?

You're taking even more probiotics than I am. Which brand are you using?

What is the difference between the greenfood and other types of things you're doing, in terms of effect?

I definitely will try the cream of tartar. I'd forgotten about it since my yeast has seemed okay (primarily because of all those probiotics). I'm still not eating sugar, but my husband has now gotten excited about juicing and so I've been having a large glass of something or other every day. Even the carrots have a lot of sugar in them, and so taking preventative measures with regard to the yeast is a good idea.

All that elimination sounds like a really healthy thing. I wish I could figure out how to do it.

Best, Lisa
  4. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I was detoxing last week and had some strange BMs. Must have been the yick coming out? Take care :)
  5. GigglePoet

GigglePoet New Member

hey girl..what detox program are you doing..Dr. suggests I do a detox but has his own kit..and have to do shakes and just vetables for 3 weeks...I dont' know that I want to do that. I know you have MCS to..so what are you doing. I am really ready to loose a lot of Poop!..lol...alway's constipated I'd even be thankful for diareha..lol

~ GigglePoet
  6. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

I posted info a few months ago from Dr. Wong's site about controlling yeast and using cream of tartar. It should be there in the posts if you do a search.

I only used tartar a few times, but my yeast spit test came out negative, so I guess it worked.

Good luck.

CherylSue
  7. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

That's impressive about the cream of tartar. Do you think you had significant yeast problems before you used it?

I've recently been consuming fresh vegetable (and sometimes fruit) juices, all of which have a lot of sugar. They feel really good for me, but I need to keep the yeast down too.

Best, Lisa

8. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

I don't think I have a significant problem. I've never had a female yeast infection. However, I do have nasal allergies and a tendency to get tinnea versicolor which is a round skin rash especially in the summer when one is more prone to sweating. It is a type of mild fungal infection.

My tongue is sometimes lightly coated, and I've failed the spit test on occasion. So, I guess, I do have some indications of yeast, but it doesn't seem profound.

Cream of tartar did seem to make my tongue pinker and helped me pass the spit test.

CherylSue