Dncnfngrs or any medical transcriptionists/OT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kdeenak, May 27, 2006.

1. kdeenak

kdeenak New Member

I have a question for you...I know you used to be a transcriptionist. Did you ever do some at home or know anyone who did?

I have not worked in an office doing transcription since 2004. I got to feeling better with my fibro so I applied and got a job doing it at home, starting out part-time with a medical transcription company based in New York, doing it over the internet. (I am in Arkansas) It seems to be a well-known company, and I can find nothing fraudulent about them on the internet.

However, I was offered the job May 4th, sent in my paperwork for taxes, all the government forms, signed confidentiality and HIPPA contracts, etc. and mailed it two days later. Problem? I still have not started working. I bought Word, Stedmans, Sylcount, a plug and play pedal (none of it from them) in anticipation of starting.

Do you have any idea if it usually takes this long to start with these types of companies? I emailed them and got a response on Monday stating that the IT department would be contacting me and I should be starting in the next couple of days. I have yet to be contacted. I am starting to get a little concerned.

Any help/advice/comments would be appreciated.

I hope you are well.

Thanks,

Deena
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

go to mtchat dot com and join it is free. They have a great board for transcriptionists.

You can ask about the company there and get honest feed back.

I have been going there for research for a few years and it is a very trust worthy site.

Good luck,

Karen
  3. kdeenak

kdeenak New Member

Thanks so much, Karen!! I posted my problem on there. I knew about MT Stars and MT daily, but you have to pay first and I didn't want to pay just to ask that. Hopefully, I can get some answers.

I am about to go into orbit over this!! Grrrr!! :p

Thanks,

Deena
  4. kjfms

kjfms Member

you are so welcome. The people at mtchat are great. I hope you find answers.

Best of luck,

Karen