Do a call back from a appointment keep you worried and scared?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by charming, Jun 19, 2008.

1. charming

charming New Member

I went to the Dr. to get my 2nd mamogram yesterday and just now they called and said that they found something and I need to make an appointment to get another one done so they can rule out every since I was diagnose with fibromyalgia I had a red moe on my left breast and I am a black decendant but the radiologist found something in my right breast and I feel a lump but it's tender to the touch so I assume that its a glands thats there since I don't have menestration periods anymore. And when I read up on breast cancer they always say painless tumor thats mostly found in mammograms.Now I'm worried and relieved at the same time because maybe this will tell if this the reason im in pain all the time.But don't you hate when you get that call back after you did your total physical?
  2. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

While I haven't had a call back on a mammo...I did get a call back once from a chest xray...said they'd need to do an ultrasound to verify what it was. I was terrified thought I had lung cancer...turned out to be gallstones:)

I'm not sure about the symptoms of breast cancer...though I should be. I think they have to be kind of evasive about what they tell could just be a cyst.

Too many lawsuits in medicine these days...doctors have to be so careful about what they say.

Take care of yourself and try, try not to worry to much,
  3. poets

poets Member

I remember when I had a mammogram and they called me in to do it again. It scared me so bad. It turns out that there was something wrong with the film. I was so scared I got diarrhea and my blood pressure went up. I'm saying a prayer for you for peace and that everything will turn out alright.

4. wanderingbluedragon

wanderingbluedragon New Member

Sorry to hear that you are going through this. Who doesn't worry when the Doctor's office calls and says they've found something but you have to wait for an appointment three weeks down the road to find out what that is.

I have fibrocystic breasts, which basically means they are lumpy and have cysts in them that can be sore and painful some times. Normally it is because I've taken in too much caffiene. Then I have to stay off the "sauce" (caffiene) for 6 weeks to return back to normal.

I'm not saying this is the cause for what your test is showing but there are benign things that could be happening. Hope it helps ease your mind a little.

Hopefully they get you in quick. Keep us posted.

5. charming

charming New Member

I feel a lot better hearing everyone elses story but I don't have to wait 3 weeks they want to see me this wednesday I took the test on tuesday the 17th and they ask to see me on the 25th or sooner I chose the 25th cause it hurt and I dont want to be pinched and stretched right away they did a mammogram once in the left breast an twice in the right breast where she did not like it. I do feel a lump and its tender to the touch so maybe its just a cyst.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/21/2008]