Do Adjustable Beds Help?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SusanEU, Mar 2, 2006.

1. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I am thinking about investing in an electric adjustable bed, I love my waterbed but with the back and neck pain getting worse, it has got to go! And I probably spend about 12 hours or more in bed.

Anybody who has one, are they comfortable and worth the money - I would have to finance one.

Thanks a bunch, and BTW, "Just be Nice" is a great motto!!

Sue in Ontario
  2. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Hi Sue
    I have had a SelectComfort bed for about two years now and it is a godsend. We bought the middle model (not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either). The platform and the mattress were about $1800 but we spend about 1200 a few years earlier for a mattress and boxspring that died. The extra investment was well worth it. Depending on how I'm feeling I can go softer or harder and my husband can do whatever he wants to do with his side. During my last pregnancy at the end I was so uncomfortable I had the mattress up to 100 (which for the non-hugely pregnant is like sleeping on cement) but the support I needed worked for me. Right now I get achy easily and I have it set to about 35 and it cuddles just right.
    Good luck in your hunt!
    MmeCurie
  3. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I am on the hunt this weekend.

Anyone else have bed advice?

Sue