Do ALL ticks carry the bacteria?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by ckball, Jun 13, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I have been bitten at least 20 time between last year and this year.

I only had the test 2 weeks ago and still no word. I already have fibro and CFS and may have Miafacial Pain because I have 100's of knots in my muscles, size range ,smaller than a pea to the size of a thumb.

Thanks, Carla
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

This would be something that would need to be researched but if you have been bitten at least 20 times in the past year I think the odds fall very heavily that a few of those would carry lyme.

I will be VERY surprised if your results do not come back positive.

tje
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

I have saved about 40 ticks this year. Instead of trying to kill them, I keep a empty water bottle and drop the little suckers in it. I know they can be tested but I don't know if they can be once they are dead.

I have found them hitchhiking on my white dogs, even tho they are frontlined. In my bed, on my clothes and furniture. About 10 or so attached to me.

This lyme is all new to me. I moved to the counrty last year and found my first tick in my head. I am hoping to hear on Wed. I have so many closely related dd's it is hard to pin point. If it is negative, I will ask for another test.

Thanks again, Carla
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

hopefully the doctor will treat you based on clinical picture... if not I would suggest finding the closest LLMD you can and go there for a consultation.

No test is 100%, and a huge reason for this with Lyme is because Lyme is pleomorphic - can change shape and go inside cells (even white blood cells and all tissue cells), plus can hide out in cyst form -

in otherwords, it can be elsewhere besides the bloodstream. therefore undetectable even tho you're having symptoms.

Hope this helps,
    Victoria