Do antidepressants help CFS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LindaJones, Jul 17, 2009.

1. LindaJones

LindaJones New Member

My friend said she heard that antidepressants help CFS.
    I told her that CFS is a physical condition and that antidepressants don't help.
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

I think they have helped a lot of people especially if they have depression with cfs. I have cfs and depression but unalbe to tolerate antidepressants but the way I have been feeling lately I am willing to give tham another try.. I do know they help those with fibro..

Hope you get some advice from those who use them. I take Xanax and they take the edge off but thats about it.

I will be watching for some answers, I do know every doc I have been to wanted me to try antidepressants..

God bless,
  3. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

... did not help me at all; in fact, the side effects were so terrible that I couldn't tolerate them. After much prayer, I have found the best things that help me are:

Exercise - to toleration
    Water - plenty of fresh H2O
    Sunshine - helps the pain tremendously; I try to get 15 min. on the front and 15 min. on the back
    Temperance in all things
    Air - fresh air
    Rest - very, very important
    Trust - in God

These things have helped me more than all the meds I have ever tried, including prescription pain meds, anti-seizure meds, anti-depressants, etc. etc. Thank the Lord, I haven't taken any meds, over the counter or prescription, since February.

Just wanted to share what's helped me so tremendously!

Before I started on the above plan, I was using a walker and a cane. I went to a lifestyle center, began a vegan diet, started trying to do all the eight laws of health mentioned above. I no longer have to use a cane or walker, and I can actually walk from the parking lot to the store, and around the store, without using the scooter they provide.

I'm not near back to pre-CFS/FMS functioning, but I'm better than I was. I thought I was going to die. Praise the Lord, He sent help!

Hope this helps! Deb