Do Any Of The FFC's Use Guaifenesin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I was just curious. The FFC's seem to be doing a great job of testing to find underlying infections and conditions and treating them.

I was wondering whether they use the Guai in treating FMS. I don't recall reading that it was recommended to any of our members being treated at an FFC.

Love, Mikie
  2. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

i once asked the doc at the atlanta ffc if they had any patients on guai and were they getting better and she said some patients had tried it with mixed results and moved us right along in the conversation. very dismissive on the guai for some reason.

eddie

p.s. i posted on another thread about re: the undenatured whey discussion. i buy an undenatured whey product at my health food store (filtered at low temps, 99% peptides preserves, etc.) is there something special about the pro health brand that i'm missing out on?
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My guess is that either they don't believe in it or it's just too slow a process. The FFC's are very aggressive in their approach.

It's unfortunate that the Guai failures are used to call it "mixed results." Most, but not all, failures are failures to eliminate sals and/or to find the correct dose. The Guai treatment definitely requires patience and time. Also, the FFC's are profit driven and there is basically not much profit in Guai.

Where Guai patients have access to professional help in eliminating the sals, improving diet, and mapping tender points, there is a very high degree of success.

About the whey--I posted some FAQ's from the store here on the ImmunPlex under one of the posts on the shake. It can be compared to info on other products. The whey sold here is very high quality which is why Dr. Cheney recommends it. That is not to say that there aren't other high-quality whey products out there. If the whey powder is very cheap, though, I would doubt its quality to deliver the glutathione. The cheap stuff is a source of protein for use in health drinks.

In fact, it would be a waste to use the expensive whey in a protein shake because it should really only be mixed with water or milk.

Love, Mikie